Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Rue
Ms. Cagle
Tessa
Zoe
background magical girl that has cotton candy pink and blue hair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Let's Speak English was very good.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

habeasdorkus posted:

Does the Magical Girl school have sports teams? I can't recall if Cagle is North American where high school sports are A Big Deal.

They have a track field but uh, competitive sports leagues are pretty tough to organize when the entire (available) human population fits inside a single city, so I imagine sports aren't a big deal.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I guess this is the chapter where everyone gets proactive about figuring out the plot.

e: oh the background girl with the pink and blue hair showed up again!

sirtommygunn fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Aug 20, 2020

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

New page: https://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-17-page-2

Tonight's battlefield is the 80's neon background from that one meme. I really like Zoe's outfit.

e: beaten, dang.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I think there's a page where you can see his journal and it spells it out that's he's from outside the city.

e: I'm misremembering, there is a page with a journal that refers to "the locals" and such, but it's possible that it's Anemone's or someone else's journal instead. https://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/interstitial-3

sirtommygunn fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Dec 25, 2020

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Vedika just brings up that embarrassing thing Goops did when she was 5, causing her to cringe so hard she winds up as a stain on the floor.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Nice aviators, dork.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I can't believe the Sleepless Domain world canonically has Shrek.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

The way the comic's themes have developed, I'd expect Mingxing to believe them...and it doesn't actually change anything. Because, at the end of the day, the kids are still the ones with the superpowers.

Even if the authorities want to help, no one else can fight this war but the MGs.

Yeah I don't think it's a coincidence that this meeting started with Mingxing pointing out she doesn't even have two functioning hands without MG assistance.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah she's used healing potions at least once before. It seems pretty taxing, magic wise, and she's not able to fully fix herself up a lot of the time.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Worried she's gonna try to confront Goops on her own.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

girl dick energy posted:

You know it's serious when there's no alt text.

The alt text always disappears when goops is on screen. It's afraid of her.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Well, rip.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

They have eggs and burgers so there must be some regular farming happening there.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Thinking "oh this is bad" while cheering loudly for how good the new look is.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Please just take like 20 seconds on each page to appreciate the good good art in this comic. It's easy to fall into the habit of scanning a page for dialogue and continuing on but it's not a good way to read comics.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

New page

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Most of the monsters just aren't a legitimate threat. Like HP is just throwing a punch straight into a wall of teeth and its fine.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

If the monsters are created as a result of the people's collective fears then the next night is probably going to be hell after word gets around that the barrier failed early.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

New page https://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-20-page-26

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

It's extremely hosed up how many good characters there are in this story.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

If the city relied on magical girls for basic industrial or agricultural needs I don't think the water mage would have been allowed anywhere near the monsters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

https://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-21-page-24
This is going poorly