Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Yeah, I interpreted the message on the window as "If you want to die, I would be glad to kill you."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Anemone brings the exposition today.

Based on her reaction, I think that "dark magical girls" are not going to turn out to be a thing.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Anemone is saying, as literally as she can, "readers, please be aware that Cassidy is loving dead." There's no game here.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Sleepless Domain: It is now 10 PM. Cassidy is 100% dead.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

You can't talk about Kiwi Blitz in this thread unless you change the name to Cagleverse Thread 2020: Cassidy is loving dead.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Or people who didn't get enough magical girl coverage or weren't able to properly evacuate their house.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

In fairness, Undine keeping secrets has already led directly to the death of one club member, and more may yet follow!

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Cup Runneth Over posted:

That's not what "led directly" means

Okay, fair; Undine keeping secrets has already led indirectly to the death of one club member!

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

habeasdorkus posted:

Aww yeah, take that Goops.

Looking forward to Goops being called Goops, and getting all huffy because that's not her name.

Look, if you let multiple chances to introduce yourself pass, your name is whatever people agree to call you.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Goops comes to kill Vedika, who reads the goop girl's mind and makes fun of her until she runs away.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Well, there have to be enough mahous to patrol an entire city, mostly on foot.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Their retroactive ship name is now Blood Orange.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Well, "retiring" in this case presumably means you become an adult and your powers stop working, which I imagine is something you can vaguely expect to happen around 18 but probably don't get a lot of specific advance warning about, so.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

ElMaligno posted:

Man, i thought jumping to conclusions is not an Olympic sport, yet this loving clown just made a loving world record.

Come on, pal, that's not very usagi of you.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Yeah, I'm hoping Contessa can, in fact, turn back and go on living her normal life, because frankly that's way more interesting than her having to live on a roof somewhere.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

The idea that Goops is "controlling" Tessa seems a little weird. Tessa entered into this arrangement on an entirely consensual basis, and it seems likely that Goops' goal is something that Tessa would regard as good (fix this weird nightmare city on a permanent basis), even though their solution will probably turn out to be wrong on the grounds that Goops is a) a dumb baby, b) a malevolent baby, and c) a baby.

Generally speaking the only thing that Tessa seems to have hesitated at was murdering a sleeping Anemone in cold blood, which resulted in Contessa showing more of Goops' features as she went in from the kill. You can read this as Goops assuming direct control, or as Goops rising to prodominance in their fusion as Tessa wavered. I tend to think it's the latter, because aside from that there's not much sign that the two of them are in conflict.

Goops has no reason to save Kokoro; Goops has no reason to hang around in Tessa's house (aside from boredom, I guess). In general, Contessa mostly acts like Tessa flavored with a bit of Goop rather than Goops puppeting Tessa around (which Goops would honestly be bad at doing because she is, explicitly, kind of dumb).

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Look, once you work up the nerve for your big coming-out announcement it's too late to back down no matter what the man on the news did this time.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Because that's literally what's happening and a lot of the story elements are about how their society is designed to make that as palatable as possible?

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

I feel like somebody, somewhere, is presumably freaking out about the whole "early barrier shutdown" thing, which makes it unlikely that anybody with information on the topic will just be overlooked. We haven't actually seen much of upper management so far, but sure the work of coordinating the defense of literally all remaining humans as far as we know isn't just handled by agents and the media?

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

I kind of wonder how useful radio technology would even be if you're permanently confined to a single city. There are still some things it would be good for, but if you can potentially have wired connections to literally every location you could ever go to, it might not be worth maintaining the technology.

(Actively coordinating magical girls by radio seems like it would result in a much more military-style operation which seems to be either impossible or undesirable... possibly just because having that would be out-of-theme.)

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

This kind of makes me wonder whether there's some kind of professional standard regarding "don't ship your underage clients with each other". That actually seems like a logical rule to have!

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Those colors belong to the dead members of Team Alchemical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

I mean, it could be orange, but I would have called that yellow.