Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Final_Stand
Nov 2, 2013

So cute and cuddly
Do the monsters all poof automatically when 2am hits? I've been wondering why everyone relaxes at 2am, when really it probably ought to be like now with monsters clawing at no-longer-barrier-protected homes.

I wonder if Vedika's psychic powers will activate on getting grabbed. Probably better for her if they don't, really, falling off a roof is not an ideal time to have a mind-meld.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Final_Stand
Nov 2, 2013

So cute and cuddly
Comparing to the initial Tessa-Goops fusion, I'm seeing more hands and fewer eyes, and it's all concentrated in the monster. Wonder how much difference there is from it being contact with A Generic Monster vs Tessa being outright engulfed by Goops.

When Zoe's cousin Alex had a "light contact wound", the goo that came out was almost all screaming mouths.

The_Final_Stand
Nov 2, 2013

So cute and cuddly
I think the implication is that the gravity-giraffe just kept doing it, and none of the girls could figure out a counter before they were worn down. When Undine goes back a few nights later, there's a bit of flashback speech we didn't get to see initially.

The_Final_Stand
Nov 2, 2013

So cute and cuddly
I wonder if she'd get memory-wiped for reading Goops (since Goops is apparently immune to this sort of thing). Leaning towards yes, since she evidently retained something for a moment there, before it was wiped.

Actually, if Goopessa de-fused, would Tessa then get memory-wiped as well, since she'd no longer have Goops' immunity?

The_Final_Stand
Nov 2, 2013

So cute and cuddly
We do also know it's not necessarily a perfect wipe, though. Tessa remembered Anemone telling her about Goops outside her window. Not much, but enough. Though I theorise that might be because Anemone telling Tessa that wasn't directly related to what she said to trigger the wipe.

So really this is all Anemone's fault. #anemonedideverythingwrong

The_Final_Stand
Nov 2, 2013

So cute and cuddly
Why Contessa for the fusion? The Tessa part is obvious, but I'm not seeing where the Con comes from?

The_Final_Stand
Nov 2, 2013

So cute and cuddly
Vedika status: still doesn't like being touched in MG form.

The_Final_Stand
Nov 2, 2013

So cute and cuddly
Wonder if there's anything to the point that Anemone clearly glows like a rainbow. Everyone else we've seen sticks to one colour palette, but while there are girls with white as a main colour (Bud, Zoe), only Anemone has that prismatic effect. Fittingly, a rainbow is what you get if you pass white light through a prism.

The_Final_Stand
Nov 2, 2013

So cute and cuddly
Tessa's hair was covering her left eye a lot leading up to the merge. It only completely covered her eye in a few frames - in most of them you could see the eye poking through the bangs.

I do think there's been more of a merge than a take-over - Goops proper generally only talked with people to mess with them and throw them off, while GooTessa saved Kokoro from evaporating (?) - if she was still on the Undine Must Suffer train, she'd probably have let Kokoro dissolve. She also left the scene to avoid awkwardness before Undine glomped Kokoro - again, I think Goops Prime would have revelled in showing off Tessa ("lol, your former bestie joined me, knowing I killed her entire team").

Note too that Tessa's text (but not the bubbles themselves, like everyone else?) is slightly coloured again now - up to now she had normal person black and white bubbles. I think it's the same colour as GooTessa's inverted bubbles, which is noticeably lighter than Goops Prime's bubbles.

The_Final_Stand fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Oct 31, 2022

The_Final_Stand
Nov 2, 2013

So cute and cuddly
... I didn't notice that! Yeah, previously normal!Tessa's eyes were brown, but post fusion they turned purple.

The_Final_Stand
Nov 2, 2013

So cute and cuddly
Even if it does get censored, there's still the Live Studio Audience! Surely they'll believe these two teenagers!

Yeah, this isn't going to go well. The presenter just said this was going to be a more feel-good segment, I can't believe anyone will respond well to "actually, there's a rogue MG out there that can control monsters and actively hates me"

The_Final_Stand fucked around with this message at 13:43 on May 13, 2023

The_Final_Stand
Nov 2, 2013

So cute and cuddly
Oh hey, remember those guys?

here is your reminder that if you are about to make An Announcement, you should clear it with the people whose job it is to handle your media presence.

The_Final_Stand
Nov 2, 2013

So cute and cuddly
Huh, one of Anemone's eye's has changed colour. They used to be the same grey as her hair, but now one of them is somewhat gold.

Also evidence that the Woman in White used to be human - her dress isn't melded into her form here.

The_Final_Stand
Nov 2, 2013

So cute and cuddly
Undine used Guilt Trip!

It's super effective!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Final_Stand
Nov 2, 2013

So cute and cuddly
Update!

Thin barrier's better than no barrier, I guess.