Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

madjack
Dec 31, 2013
HP heart eyes: Not a visual metaphor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madjack
Dec 31, 2013

FronzelNeekburm posted:

If Cassidy did get absorbed by Goopy, as some people were speculating, I assume the system can't last because the dream woman only has so much magical power to hand out to magical girls, and every girl who gets killed is +1 magic for Goops, -1 for the Woman in White.

I feel like this is about right; the Woman in White only has so much to hand out but when a girl hits 18 or so those powers return to be handed out again. But rather than giving goops more power, if a girl dies while active, that power set might be lost forever, so it's an attrition thing. It makes me wonder if Rue had a point about the celebrity thing being propaganda, it's to draw attention towards these cool powers to hide in plain sight that they're cycling through the same ones over and over. See: HP's mother being part of a 'Team Spear (no relation to the current one)'.

Aside note: Reasoning that out gave me a really dark mental image of a secret hospital where crippled or comatose MGs who are beyond even magical healing are kept on life support until they 'age out' so the city can have its next generation of defenders.

madjack
Dec 31, 2013
Mostly baseless theory: Bud's eyes are drawn that way because she doesn't use them, she's blind. Her powers are plant based and she can 'see' and possibly hear through any kind of plant or flower nearby, including her petal-like hair.

This is both why her accuracy sucks and how she gets her gossip despite hanging out with Harley all the time.

It does hinge on the concept of low-level always-on powers being a thing, which iirc we've only seen as an alt-text joke.

madjack
Dec 31, 2013
Outrageous Apple and Forte Bass are twins. Huh.

E: Also, Bud is totally running cover for HP and Undine in that first panel.

madjack fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Aug 20, 2020

madjack
Dec 31, 2013

Tenebrais posted:

There's gonna be so much awkward dancing around not knowing how public each other want to be with their relationship, isn't there?

Chapter page says: Yes.

madjack
Dec 31, 2013
That one's gonna leave a mark.

madjack
Dec 31, 2013
It's probably even simpler, the Woman in White just tries to pick the ones who won't abuse their gifts.

madjack
Dec 31, 2013
https://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-17-page-24

That was a fast update.

Mingxing is going to be in the same role as Cho was in KB, isn't she?

E: Actually, probably Reed's considering they both lost limbs.

madjack fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Apr 17, 2021

madjack
Dec 31, 2013
Mingxing's seeing the whole goops thing as a coping mechanism. Not the best, but at least someone is forewarned if they find proof.

madjack
Dec 31, 2013

Unlucky7 posted:

How the gently caress are you getting this?

Look on the right side of the last panel, the little expression lines next to Undine's head read to me like she thinks she isn't being believed.

Mingxing also seems.. not dismissive but she's just been told there's a murderous MG or something like it on the loose and that doesn't seem like the reaction of someone whos taking it completely seriously.

She'll probably try to look into it or something, but the the girls don't have proof of it yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madjack
Dec 31, 2013

Bussamove posted:

That's just Undine being surprised by that reaction because who the hell says that to what she just explained?

Auntie Mingxing, that's who.

Yeah, I guess it could be.