Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I look forward to the followup sketch where undine is using her powers as a carwash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I wonder if Zoe joining training will cause her and Bud to realise they're probably meant to be thematic.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Captain Oblivious posted:

And by first panel you mean third, clearly.

Third is adorable, but first is really artistically impressive perspective and composition.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually cut out most of the transformation between i-frames, just make sure you don't try to cut it off on a b-frame or a p-frame.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

From the latest Kill Six Billion Demons, I immediately thought of Goops:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I hope the phone box panel is shown to be 100% exactly how it happened.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Twibbit posted:

They do almost seem thematic. But who wants a team where everyone shares a color. https://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-17-page-10

The theory is that Bud, Zoe and maybe Anemone are part of an unreleased thematic team - they're all grey flowers.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

That's the eye effect we see when people get mind-whammied and lose their memory of the woman in white, what's up here?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I'm pretty sure the barrier is physically intersecting trees and brush at the edge of a forest, which is giving it that weird look.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

ronya posted:

Given the way the inner barrier sticks to buildings, and the apparent reliance on MGs to clear wandering monsters in four hours city-wide, you'd think all urban blocks would be built like fortified cubes with open, defensible sight-lines, separated by long, expansive boulevards with minimal places to hide. Who would want to live in a secluded alleyway? Privacy would have a steep cost of getting eaten alive.

Scenes set during MG patrols depict narrow streets and lanes, or steep sloping roofs that would prevent any MG hopping from rooftop to rooftop from seeing that the far side of your house features Goop's greatest hits holding court until 1:59am. But why? It's clearly adaptable, it even wraps around people's laundry.

The bones of the city probably predate the current situation and it seems like there's always been a strong political motive to play down how dire things are and pretend that life can continue on and things are fine, which maybe plays into not turning the city into a fortress.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Given all the angles and the super accurate projection of the 2D posters onto them, I'm wondering if they did a 3D mockup of the room with content posters on the walls for them to draw panels over.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Yeah we've seen her run dry on being able to generate enough potions before, it seems like she usually goes right up to her limit so it's not uncommon for her to not have enough to heal with. Hopefully Zoe might knock some sense into her on that front.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Time for more Zoe adorableness, I guess.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Apparently this is the first time we've ever seen Bud smile.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Tenebrais posted:

Oh, neat catch from someone on the Discord.

Compare the graves in chapter 12 to the ones today:

Lisa Smithson's grave is new. Someone else had died in the last few days.

Presumably the 'unusually rough night'

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Tenebrais posted:

And another page today!

Tessa is totally changing the subject. It's still nice to see these two finally talking.

Yeah, as much as she's avoiding issues, getting conformable with just casually hanging out and talking as a friend again will do her a world of good if they keep it up.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Counterpoint: she vaporizes the monster that overpowers them pretty much instantly. The orbital lance might just be overkill, as Alchemical Fire suggests.

I got the impression she basically blasts out full power instantly at that moment as an emotional reaction to the situation there, she's not worried about burning herself out, she just wants it dead.

That said, I'd guess that she had plenty of abilities that didn't need to charge, it's just the charging up for the lance was a guaranteed one-shot-kill so having the others corral the monsters and her blast them was a good system.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Jul 29, 2021

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Someone had fun designing this

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

"Dad, look, it's not you, it's the facial hair."

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

It's stubble, but it looks like deliberately styled stubble.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I want a sticker of every background cat drawing in this comic.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Damnit want to see Bud and Zoe's session and those two complete opposites trying to interact.

I hope Rue and Auntie end up becoming investigation buds somehow, even though Ming's the system.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Sep 10, 2021

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Widen out in that last panel and Tessa's other hand is just frantically scribbling in shorthand. I wonder if you can get cheap video cameras in this universe she could quietly aim at her window? Probably not, things seem pretty clunky on that front.

She's not dumb but she's in a very bad place right now (obliviously), I hope she doesn't get suckered but she might be. Hopefully she's smart enough to go 'yeah, sure' and get more information before going 'lol no changed my mind' but she's probably a bit too shattered to pull that off right now.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Possession of some kind, maybe?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Has the discord named Goops-Tessa?

I vote Goosa.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Just punch so hard you crack a hole back into reality.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I think it's a combination of internalised guilt and maybe also a little bit of 'oh holy poo poo goops is the straight up murderer of my team' which had kinda been pushed to the side/deliberately avoided thinking about since the merge (at the same time as being ever-aware of it because trauma is fun)

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

JuniperCake posted:

Though I wonder if HP is going to tell Undine about this, or if its gonna end up being a secret. If it was Undine in this encounter she would absolutely tell HP, but I think since its HP she might not. Telling someone who's been through as much as Undine that her former friend has become an evil magical girl by joining with the entity that murdered all her other friends is kinda a lot.

I don't know that she even recognises this is Tessa at this point. I get the impression she just thinks this is goops solo.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Well poo poo

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Going back a few pages, looks like it's about quarter to two, so if all hell breaks loose it's about fifteen minutes until the usual ending time.

Although I'm still not 100% clear on the mechanics of that and what happens at two. It might've been better to clarify that in comic before this event.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

The 2am announcement asks them to make sure the streets are clear of monsters, but I guess that might just be a 'make sure everything's back to normal and nothing wierd is happening'

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I assumed this was just her MG transformation.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

girl dick energy posted:

At least they're not swarmed with cases yet?

I assume we've jumped back a few minutes? Door nurse has pulled out a big red book that says LOCKDOWN PROCEDURES so at least they have some plans in place, but they don't seem to be acting very fast.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

We've never seen what happens when she touches a person when transformed, have we? Just that she says it gets intense.

This might also be a good setup for her to try to do some long range OH NOOOO AAAAA WTF AAAAAA at the other MGs in the club she's practiced with.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Jun 13, 2022

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Oh, right. So it can be like a full immersion memory.

On a different note, odds that in the next few pages we get an exterior shot of the city and the skyline is lit up by hundreds of flares?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Twibbit posted:

The ability to talk a monster through their problems leaving them a productive, well adjusted, and happy member of society.

I have been replaying psychonauts 2

the ability to go full psychonauts would be amazing

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I wonder if it's just intrinsically easier for a magical girl to stomp through a monster's limb with relatively little force compared to a regular person, regardless of strength.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Sep 13, 2022

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

This makes me wonder what'll happen if she ever gets touched by a monster and one of the other MGs sees it happen. And maybe sees her forget? Although I guess maybe then the wipe would just hit them both.

What if they're planning to experiment with it and the experiment result gets wiped, though? Do they lose the motivation? Go into a loop?

I wonder if she has touched a monster before.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Sep 17, 2022

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

rannum posted:

-Anemone is the one who ponders if they're the only ones left https://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/interstitial-1

The phrasing does imply that she knows there were other people out there at the time the city was sealed off, at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Honestly it seems like this incident was less disastrous than it could have been.