Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Thanks for making the thread! This is a good comic and I'm excited to see where it ultimately goes. Honestly, my only criticism (at the moment) is that I wish Tessa would show up more—at the beginning it seemed like she was going to be a much more central character, but at this point her appearances (Which are one of the only ways in which we get to see glimpses of the non-magical girl side of the world) are pretty few and far between.

Also, bold prediction that's probably wrong: Cassidy isn't actually dead.

I don't think we're done with Tessa, but I agree she's been pretty scarce lately and more from her view/story would be cool.

Predictions: I had thought that Cassidy was going to get recruited/turned by Goops, but that doesn't seem to be how it went - I definitely don't think we're 'done' with her, but I don't know what format we'll see from her going forward. Maybe she managed to survive, but it messed her up badly? Maybe having both copies 'die' strips her of her power? Maybe she ends up vanished, but reappears during hunting time as a single shadow? I do hope that she's not done because I think that would be a really tragic end on her story, but it's not like this comic doesn't have it's seriously bleak patches so maybe that's what we get. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

I do not see Tessa fighting Undine or killing/maiming HP as a thing that happens because Tessa and Undine were actual close friends, being friends prior to their power acquisition, and Tessa literally gave up her powers to save Undine's life. I expect that Tessa will continue to feel isolated and depressed, but it would some radical turnabout from 'I gave up all this to save your life' to 'ok I guess I'm going to kill you now'. It seems much more likely to me that either Goop is hoping to capture/hurt Tessa as a way to further torment Undine.

Also Undine has continued to try and get a hold of Tessa repeatedly the last time we touched on that aspect, so it's not even like she's abandoned her or anything. I am not sure where the Goop focus on Tessa is going but I don't think it's that direction.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

More likely she sleeps 5 hours a night, then falls asleep during her least-favorite class and/or exists in a sort of blurred haze fueled by sugar, caffeine, and the power of youth, like kids who work a job around school (only with more beatings)

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Discendo Vox posted:

"Hahaha I'm so glad people like Cassidy's whole weird scissor split situation. It's quite a specific power set compared to Undine's water control or whatnot! But it was so much fun to draw."

Confirmed that Cassidy will have a new power set when she returns!

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Adding Zoe to the club will be interesting, because they're sure to want to know who she groups with, as we know solo running is pretty uncommon and probably especially for someone who is new/uncertain in their powers. Which will likely lead to explaining about Rue - I don't know how common rogue magical girls are, or how they're generally regarded by the official ones?

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Tenebrais posted:

Are you meaning to imply that Cassidy isn't totally okay?

I think that it's saying that Cassidy is 'dead to them' because of her actions, so they don't have to worry about how to deal with her when Undine sees her in second period, alive and healthy because she is definitely doing just fine.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Man Undine and Kokoro are going to be so relieved when they find out Cassidy is fine and just moved to Canada to live with her aunt to get her head straight.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Starship Troopers suffers from the problem that it's extremely hard to make a satirical/anti-war movie that will not be taken on face value by many people who just loving love all the worst poo poo about wars.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

I bet Zoe is having second thoughts about attending this club right now.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

TheHan posted:

Goops has got her own dark magical girl school a town over.

Cassidy actually transferred over there; she found the curriculum was a cut above the regular school.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

This better not be the last we see of eggbaby.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Everything is going to be ok. :ohdear:

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

sirtommygunn posted:

Please just take like 20 seconds on each page to appreciate the good good art in this comic. It's easy to fall into the habit of scanning a page for dialogue and continuing on but it's not a good way to read comics.

I devour each page as soon as possible, but then it's good to go back and re-read it more than once, because not only will you appreciate the art but Mary is really good at tucking details and hints in there - like if you don't spend the time it's easy to miss the stuff in the barrier, or the text hidden in the borders, or worse yet, you might not have noticed eggbaby.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

cant cook creole bream posted:

I think that thing actually stopped and slightly nudged her with that antenna thing. I wonder what that does.

It's tricky to parse at a glance, but I'm actually pretty sure it's a weird little person with a huge floof of hair kind of like Cousin It. It's reaching out to her with a teeny arm, the other is trailing at its side, and it has legs behind.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

All this is just prequel for Eggbaby: Paranormal Detective

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Oh man that's terrible, was hoping that they'd all be ok.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Many possums died to bring us this illustration

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

I did not vote in the poll because of the travesty of Eggbaby not winning last year (also I forgot).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

How much do we have to kickstart for this to be fully animated, because I am in.