Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Wanna see that owl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Mikl posted:

Cassidy. Honey. I get that you really like HP, but it's quite a leap from Vedika saying "She has something she can't tell us" to you going "Tell me what you're hiding or I'll shank you" on Undine.

Teenagers with super powers was a horrible idea in retrospect.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Cup Runneth Over posted:

I don't think Rue is going to reach out to Tessa before Goops does. There's kind of an unresolved plot thread there.

Goop’s already got her claws in there (and left an indirect reachout on the window) so this could set up an interesting push-pull between the two sides.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Twibbit posted:

Gabby is really beginning to consider getting a home weight set.

Last panel of the comic is gonna be Gabby using a dumbbell to smash Goop into, er, goop.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Greatly appreciating these Cassidy puns.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I assumed that if/when she gets in Tesses head she'll give her a goopy version of the Dream. Or a Nightmare, I guess. And since Goops doesn't play by the same rules her counterpart does whatever she'll give is way more potent.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Zoe don’t steal Bud’s hat like that!

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Julius CSAR posted:

Am I the only one that hears Steve Blum when reading Mark’s dialogue?

I hear Johnny Yong Bosch but he’s pretty Steve Blum adjacent. :v:

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Tenebrais posted:

It's just the perfect panel.

Kokoro playing with the punching bag is cute too.

Kokoro looks very annoyed that she can’t sit next to Undine without this stupid bag being in the way.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Vedika also gets quite a bit of psychic backwash so I think that would/will end up being a really bad thing.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Following up killing a character with another too soon takes it from tragic to excessive. And at this point mildly farcical for the whole “oh no Undine’s friends are all dead again” angle since its been what, a couple weeks in-universe since the Team Alchemical thing?

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

“She goes to another school” does sound like Zoe is making poo poo up on the fly, to be fair.

Insisting she’s super duper real isn’t helping. :v:

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Tenebrais posted:

As far as I know it's not confirmed whether there's a second school or not, just what it would be called if Mary decides there is one.

Anne Uther School for Magical Girls, clearly.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Gabby is already dead just off-panel.

Alternatively, Gabby has already defeated Goops just off-panel.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Gabby went to visit Cassidy and Team Alchemical at the nice farm they moved to upstate.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

That’s 100% on-brand for dumb teenagers.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Really feel like there's about to be some post-barrier monsters showing up and wrecking things.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Child soldiers don’t risk their lives nightly so your entire apartment building isn’t murdered by fire, though.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Cheese it HP, the fuzz finally found out about the permanent marker!

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Y’all seem real intent on someone getting fingered for murder here when the child soldiers probably die horribly to monsters with alarming frequency.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

madjack posted:

It's probably even simpler, the Woman in White just tries to pick the ones who won't abuse their gifts.

Yeah, it's not like the MG powers are just given out randomly. There's a deliberate choice behind who gets them, and for good reason.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Picturing Mingxing’s hand powering down and dropping her coffee or something as Steampunk Princess retired with nothing but a “huh”.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Yeah it was meant to be a little joke I thought was funny but hey.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

New page.

Congratulations to Undine and her new child, Egg Friend.

Also to Mingxing and her star-eyes at Kokoro actually opening up to someone.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

That's just Undine being surprised by that reaction because who the hell says that to what she just explained?

Auntie Mingxing, that's who.

If the ex-magical girl now-cop doesn't believe a current MG about a new, dangerous monster showing up then she's an idiot and nothing has shown that Mingxing is anything but just kind of goofy.

This thread has some weird-rear end takes sometimes.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

7c Nickel posted:

Gals being pals.

Smooching, as pals do.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

maltesh posted:

Huh. If you need medical attention after 10pm, and you're unable to let the Magical Girls know, or they can't get to you, you'll have to wait until 2AM.

That could get pretty dicey.

Presumably that’s another reason for emergency flares in houses— even if there isn’t a breach any MG nearby will see it and come running, and they can get whoever needs help somewhere.

Though I guess that begs the question of can any old person just get outside during that time.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

So this is twice now that we’ve seen MGs lose their powers from pushing themselves super hard to save someone else. I wonder if that’s a side effect if just using too much at one time or just a “you’ve done enough” sort of thing from the powers that be.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I wonder how many MG end up "retiring" like that. And if the general public is aware that it's a thing that can happen.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Ragnar34 posted:

What? No, she's going to tell the president.

The Tessident.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

It might have black in it! So edgy!

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Cup Runneth Over posted:

What is it with gardening clubs in manga and only having one member?

How many teenagers do you know that are in to gardening?

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

nimby posted:

(and most MGs don't abuse their powers of flight to skip stairs during the day).

Really the least believable part of things is that there aren't MGs soaring through the air in every panel.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Pretty sure Rue could get some decent air with her potions but that's less flying and more exploding herself in the direction she wants to go. :v:

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Can’t kick butt if your knees are bad, Kokoro!

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

habeasdorkus posted:

This is entirely off topic, but Zoe is one of those names I will always and forever mispronounce in my head. I know there's supposed to be a y sound on the end, but my inner monologue always acts like it's not there. And makes me think I'm talking about Alonzo Mourning.

My stupid brain is the same way and I have to stumble to a stop and mentally correct myself, it’s the worst.

Unlike Zoe, who is The Best.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Tenebrais posted:

Zoezoe's Bizarre Adventure

Would that make Rue Speedwagon, Zepelli, or Ceasar?

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

All the girls are the best, it's just that some happen to be The Very Best.

(It's Bud and Rue)

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

nimby posted:

Goops is a girl. Is she also the very best?

The best at being a big ol' jerk, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I’m 100% sure this is setting up for HP to call it stupid later.