Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ahahahaha EVIL said it again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
until we see the real BUSHI its canon that dick togo was bushi all along

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Every time EVIL yells DICK I burst out into tears of laughter

New Japan has broken

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Thauros posted:

also i know i'm in a minority in this forum but it just sucks imo that naito never got much of a reign due to the pandemic.

it's odd. I love Naito but don't like many of his matches because I think he is, by far, the otherwise-best wrestler who cannot adjust to an opponent's style to save his life. KENTA and EVIL were both destined as bad matches from the moment of announcement since they just aren't good style matchups, and it's a shame he never got to go up against anyone with more fire.

He's not a firey babyface, and the constant babyface in peril thing really only works when you are invested in the win, and since everyone assumed he was winning these last defenses... well, even though we turned out wrong today, it still hurt the match a lot.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I don't mind him losing the titles (although having them both tied up on one guy is stupid), I just hate the heel bullet club constant interference festivals in general

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://twitter.com/TrevorDame/status/1282246072744546305?s=20

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/1282246536915611648

https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/1282246648358252548

https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/1282246731652952064

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

What the gently caress

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?

Thauros posted:

also i know i'm in a minority in this forum but it just sucks imo that naito never got much of a reign due to the pandemic.

Yea it kinda sucks but on the other hand is completely in-line with Naito's entire career

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if hiromu wins only the ic belt off of evil then i'll say they did something wwe

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Thauros posted:

I assume he's gonna win them back. Like how Naito won the belt, then dropped it back to Okada or how Jay won the belt and then dropped it to Okada.

....or maybe EVIL's just gonna drop it to Okada.....

Big Queefy
Jan 27, 2013

Just stopping by to say that sucked

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Thauros posted:

Big agree. Especially since his last reign only had 1 defense too. I assume Naito is gonna get it back eventually, but this should've been his big reign given the story and payoff we got earlier in the year. Just such a heatless end for all of it. Best case coming out of this, Hiromu takes the IC belt and Naito wins the IWGP HW belt back then they face off.

Or we get an even more bloated Bullet Club and interference galore. idk. I love EVIL, but this just has me feeling all kinds of meh, which is a shame.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
honestly the biggest thing that really hurt this match is the audience not being allowed to boo, lol

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

I'm going to try and sum up this whole saga and I want someone to tell me if I get anything wrong:

EVIL, King of Darkness goes through the New Japan Cup, kicking the balls of everyone he meets along the way, even if they're his best friend. He wins the New Japan Cup via bullet club interference, and joins Bullet Club, betraying his friend and partner of 13 years and sending one of the colour commentators to tears and breaking a cat's heart. The next day, he comes out with Castlevania boss music inspired theme, dressed like a banshee roman gladiator, and then during the match proceeds to steal a scythe penlight and break it over his knee. This causes said commentator to jump the barricade and attack him. He then wins the match after a man named Dick Togo comes out, dressed as Naito's friend BUSHI,, and then yells his new friend Dick Togo's name out in the middle of the ring. A cat cries and has a breakdown in the middle of the ring as EVIL's music plays.

Am I wrong?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I ggguuueeeessss if they really wanted to, they could pad out EVIL's reign all the way to WK15, it's only four and a half months. Have Naito win the G1 and just run it as your main event. I dunno.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Aesculus posted:

I'm going to try and sum up this whole saga and I want someone to tell me if I get anything wrong:

EVIL, King of Darkness goes through the New Japan Cup, kicking the balls of everyone he meets along the way, even if they're his best friend. He wins the New Japan Cup via bullet club interference, and joins Bullet Club, betraying his friend and partner of 13 years and sending one of the colour commentators to tears and breaking a cat's heart. The next day, he comes out with Castlevania boss music inspired theme, dressed like a banshee roman gladiator, and then during the match proceeds to steal a scythe penlight and break it over his knee. This causes said commentator to jump the barricade and attack him. He then wins the match after a man named Dick Togo comes out, dressed as Naito's friend BUSHI,, and then yells his new friend Dick Togo's name out in the middle of the ring. A cat cries and has a breakdown in the middle of the ring as EVIL's music plays.

Am I wrong?

thats correct

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Aesculus posted:

Am I wrong?

i don't believe he's a cat

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Hiromu, realizing he is a junior and at a size disadvantage, starts showing up with a pipe and beats the poo poo out of everyone

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

I POSSESS QUESTIONABLE TASTE IN TOUHOU GAMES

Neodoomium posted:

Hiromu, realizing he is a junior and at a size disadvantage, starts showing up with a pipe and beats the poo poo out of everyone

Shoot time bombs.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

hiromu is going to return wearing a superhero costume under the guise 'HERO-mu', riding his superhero bicycle and snuffing out injustice anywhere it lurks in njpw

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

MJeff posted:

I ggguuueeeessss if they really wanted to, they could pad out EVIL's reign all the way to WK15, it's only four and a half months. Have Naito win the G1 and just run it as your main event. I dunno.

I don't see EVIL headlining the Dome unless it's a reduced capacity show but that's a guess.

Neodoomium posted:

Will not stand for him infringing upon DOUKI's gimmick

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Ok what if he beats up Jado and steals his kendo stick

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Know what? gently caress it, let's get weird. Ishii holds the NEVER six man belts by himself. SHO turns on YOH and joins Suzuki-Gun. Lulupencil is your new British Champion. I don't care any more.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i wish more than anything that they just pretend dick togo was bushi this whole time and bushi gets a new gimmick pretending he's some new guy, or retires or something. Do what i said

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

forkboy84 posted:

I don't see EVIL headlining the Dome unless it's a reduced capacity show but that's a guess.

Well I didn't see the first double title reign in company history ending to Dick Togo dressed as Bushi! :laffo:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

For anyone wondering why NJPW have brought in a 50 year old to team with EVIL, I'd recommend checking out his matches with Yoshinari Ogawa and Daisuke Harada from this year's NOAH Junior league. Two of the best matches of the year so far.

If you're willing to dive further back into the archives, I'd recommend finding his 2013 KO-D title defence against Antonio Honda, it's one of the best DDT matches ever if not the best. (plus given recent revelations, it's a committed communist beating up a QAnon guy so it's good praxis)

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

For anyone wondering why NJPW have brought in a 50 year old to team with EVIL, I'd recommend checking out his matches with Yoshinari Ogawa and Daisuke Harada from this year's NOAH Junior league. Two of the best matches of the year so far.

If you're willing to dive further back into the archives, I'd recommend finding his 2013 KO-D title defence against Antonio Honda, it's one of the best DDT matches ever if not the best. (plus given recent revelations, it's a committed communist beating up a QAnon guy so it's good praxis)

Is 2020 DICK TOGO vs Minoru Suzuki a match that would be good

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MJeff posted:

I mean, after that match would you really want them to?

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

(plus given recent revelations, it's a committed communist beating up a QAnon guy so it's good praxis)

Did we conclude that Honda was a QAnon guy or just a huge dumbass

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

I remember the Dick Togo globe-trotting """retirement""" tour

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Ok, finally the ending makes sense

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony
I don't know how to process any of this...

Right now I'm just trying to stay calm and remember how great the tag match right before the main was.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Rarity posted:

Not Naito's fault a man named DICK dressed as BUSHI despite being twice as large as actual BUSHI

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I’m now very excited to find out who’s the next wrestler to impersonate BUSHI

Last time it wasJericho, now DICK TOGO

Edit: oh right Jericho was only dressed as a BUSHI mark. Well, same thing really

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Rarity posted:

Not...particularly, no, but if this is how EVIL is gonna wrestle as a heel, I don't think I want him as a top heel, either. :/

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Neodoomium posted:

Did we conclude that Honda was a QAnon guy or just a huge dumbass

Bit of both.

I forgot that Togo is a red. Makes me love him even more than I did. And yes, second the recommendations of the Ogawa & Harada matches.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

extradite THIS! posted:

Is 2020 DICK TOGO vs Minoru Suzuki a match that would be good

Almost certainly, especially if they decided to leave the Bullet Club/SZKG shenanigans aside and just wrestle.

MiSu and TAKA had a match on the first JTO show which is probably pretty similar to how it'd turn out and it was great.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Almost certainly, especially if they decided to leave the Bullet Club/SZKG shenanigans aside and just wrestle.

MiSu and TAKA had a match on the first JTO show which is probably pretty similar to how it'd turn out and it was great.

Then I would like to see it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

extradite THIS! posted:

Then I would like to see it!

Togo has been booked as a junior his whole life but he definitely looked large enough to be a NJPW Heavyweight in the BUSHI costume.