Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Violet Evergarden is a show set in a fictional WW1-level society rebuilding after a pretty brutal war with its neighbouring country. It follows an emotionally-dead former child soldier now learning to live in a world without having to rely on her combat abilities, and trying to process how to grieve for the loss of the only person who didn't treat her like a disposable weapon. It will do its damnedest to try and make you cry at least once an episode, and it's well worth a watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

SunshineDanceParty posted:

I really loved Cannon Busters and it's high up there with my favorite anime themes ever.

I loved Cannon Busters too, and it badly needs a second season.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Boxman posted:

Someone with more experience with the meta series, where does Iron Blooded Orphans fit into the quality scale? Because, weird random harem aside, I'm enjoying it, and I might be tempted to track down more Gundam. I haven't watched it since the old Cartoon Network days of Wing and G Gundam (and I recognize G is really different from everything else).

IBO's one of the best Gundam series made, unnecessary harem poo poo aside (and they do try to walk that back a bit in season 2 incidentally).

Your next stop for another good recent series should probably be Gundam 00. SEED is aggressively okay, but it's watchable.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Boxman posted:

Okay, cool, I’ll continue revisiting my childhood with more Gundam then.

My nerd shame is that I’ve never actually seen the original Gundam, I just know bits and pieces from cultural osmosis. do I need it for any of the UC stuff, or are they stand alone enough?

One option to get through original Gundam is the Gundam: The Origin manga. It's a great read with gorgeous artwork, taking the original anime story and mostly telling it the same save for a few things tweaked in hindsight to make it flow better now that it's not being written on the fly.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

Oh bTW where does the promised neverland end? at the wall?

Burning the house down and escaping over the wall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
For anyone else wanting more Rilakkuma, there's a new stop-motion series announced called "Rilakkuma's Theme Park Adventure" :peanut:. I honestly thought any chance of more of this in any form would be dead, considering stop-motion and social-distancing don't really mix.