Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hollow Gaunt
Aug 7, 2007

Timely thread, as I was just looking for Leftist lit these past few days. I'm halfway through Zinn's History and put it on pause to read Mark Fisher's Capitalist Realism after seeing a mention of hauntology in another thread (I think in the Disco Elysium thread?). Fisher's work was a good dive back into critical theory, even in spite of me only having a cursory knowledge of the people/concepts he names throughout the book.

I can't decide if I want to tackle the historical roots (i.e., Hobsbawm's four-parter) or more contemporary works after I get through History.

I used to have a book covering the evolution of theory/debates/key ideas in geography from a graduate course years ago that proved to be a good reference when reading works that mention unfamiliar concepts/debates/people. The book has since been lost to the postal service, but does anyone know of a similar-but-more-generalized resource?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU