Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

starbucks hermit posted:

Feels like there's less anime this time around, and I suspect that Fall will probably be just as barren.

I mean yes, Covid-19 ground a large chunk of anime production to a halt, and essentially a large percentage of this season's shows are just shows that got delayed from last season. And yeah a backup in the production schedules means that a large chunk of anime currently being produced are going to be released later than originally intended, and that's without considering the possibility that there were possibly some shows very early in production or conception that might have been scrapped as a result of a more constrained work schedule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

fall already has more than 30 shows scheduled, it'll be a much more normal season unless there's another major disruption. this season took the brunt of the covid impact.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/NXOnNetflix/status/1283181094989295616?s=20

Into Free or I riot.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

what the gently caress, but also

Waffleman_ posted:

Into Free or I riot.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

In the epilogue the main character will have married the blacksmith.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

The first episode will just be character creation

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Gripweed posted:

The first episode will just be character creation

glad to see the mcelroys getting more tv work

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ah yes the one thing everyone loved about Dragons Dogma, the storyline

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/DragonsDogma/status/1283191069501530119

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Haha no guys seriously, what's the dragon actually going to look like?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Protagonist wins a major fight by throwing a pig or we riot

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i reject any interpretation of dragon's dogma where the main character isn't a tiny woman

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

The Colonel posted:

i reject any interpretation of dragon's dogma where the main character isn't shrek

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I'm not watching that unless someone says "Goblins hate fire" at least fifteen times per episode

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if the guy doesn't even crawl over huge monsters to stab them in the face and/or dick, what's the point? he'll probably be a boring rear end sword and shield guy.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I expect the real reason I won't watch it is that the guy is totally going to creep on his pawn all the time

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it looks loving awful

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Dear lord, Deca-dence is operating on an incredibly high level. Episode 2 was wild as hell.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

Dear lord, Deca-dence is operating on an incredibly high level. Episode 2 was wild as hell.

That was the sort of mystery reveal that could've sustained an entire series. Instead they put it all out there and now we wait for the characters to find out at some point and deal.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I had a chance to get a group of friends watching Deca-Dence and instead they decided to watch that yoshitaka amano produced anime which was absolute poo poo, whoa I dont remember watching an EP1 that bad before.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
What anime was that? I had no idea he ever did anything other than character designs or concept art.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I had a chance to get a group of friends watching Deca-Dence and instead they decided to watch that yoshitaka amano produced anime which was absolute poo poo, whoa I dont remember watching an EP1 that bad before.

The story takes place in Japan. The year is 2030 and Earth has been completely overrun by a viral disease named "Gibia" that turns infected people into various different monsters, based on their age, sex, and race.

A samurai and a ninja from the early Edo period travel together through time and arrive in a ruined Japan to aid a professor working on a cure for the virus.

huh

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Credits looks like he only did character design. That's his primary thing. idk where you got production.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I had to rewatch like half of both episodes 1 and 2 to feel like I had a full grasp on some of the more logistic-y parts of the big twist, but I think I'm pretty onboard with what it's doing. And the visual direction of course remains top notch.

Edit: Talking about DecaDence, to be clear

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jul 15, 2020

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Oh we're talking about Gibiate. Apparently Amano is also on the production committee but I'm guessing that's just so they could constantly bring up his name in association with the series as a marketing thing.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Xelkelvos posted:

Credits looks like he only did character design. That's his primary thing. idk where you got production.

From wiki

Gibiate (ジビエート, Jibiēto) is an original Japanese anime television series produced by Yoshitaka Amano, directed by Masahiko Komino at studios Lunch Box and Studio Elle and written by Ryō Aoki. The series premiered on July 15, 2020. A special PR program aired on July 8th.[2]

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Darth Walrus posted:

Xelkelvos posted:

That was the sort of mystery reveal that could've sustained an entire series. Instead they put it all out there and now we wait for the characters to find out at some point and deal.
These posts had me intrigued so I went and watched both episodes and wow yeah they went and did a late series twist in the second episode.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I just watched God Of High School episode 2 and the transition from ep 1 is super abrupt, I actually had to go back to the prev ep to make sure I hadn't missed like a post credits thing.

Vahtooch
Sep 18, 2009

What is this [S T A N D] going to do? Once its crossed through the barrier, what's it going to do? When it comes in here, and reads my [P O S T S], what's it going to do to me?
Yeah ep 2 of Deca Dence is masterfully done, would not expect something like this so early at all. The subtle style changes are really drat nice as well, and I'm very keen to see where we end up.

God of High School also had a great second episode. Really well animated fights and starting to flesh out the characters. I'm here for it. Also love the crunchy roll/webtoons in show branding, hilarious.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Deca-dence big twist at the start of ep2 really help set the mood. Even the name makes a whole lot more sense now. Well animated, music is good, story despite or maybe because of the insanity is really good.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
makin oregairu snafu thread (unless someone else had something setup already)

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Deca-dance episode 2 sure wasn't what I was expecting but it has me totally invested in the show now.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Watched the first ep of Lapis Re:Lights and it appears to do exactly what it said on the tin, which is fine by me

https://is2.4chan.org/u/1594644152591.webm

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I specifically asked for more shirtless muscle men punching each other.

You have failed me, japan.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Freakazoid_ posted:

I specifically asked for more shirtless muscle men punching each other.

You have failed me, japan.

Looks like Korea has you covered this time around with TGOHS.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1H1uVNXMbG0

looking forward to a sleepy fall season

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Despite the premise being a bit of a red flag, I actually really enjoyed the first episode of Rent-A-Girlfriend. The main character is an rear end in a top hat, but I feel like he's gonna have to face that down and I'm actually kind of interested in seeing how that goes. The characters over-all are very good, especially grandma.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

100 degrees Calcium posted:

Despite the premise being a bit of a red flag, I actually really enjoyed the first episode of Rent-A-Girlfriend. The main character is an rear end in a top hat, but I feel like he's gonna have to face that down and I'm actually kind of interested in seeing how that goes. The characters over-all are very good, especially grandma.

This for me as well. The first half of the episode was pretty yikes and I thought this was going to be a depressing anime played straight about how the Japanese commodify every relationship.

Thankfully I was (seemingly) proven wrong by the second half of the episode.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Nthing the general reaction to Deca-Dence. So glad I decided to watch the first two episodes today before I got spoiled somehow. I was kinda meh after the first episode, then suddenly I wasn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I know most of the jokes in Uzaki-chan have been done a thousand times before but something about it still made me laugh anyway.