Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Furnaceface posted:

I know most of the jokes in Uzaki-chan have been done a thousand times before but something about it still made me laugh anyway.

https://i.imgur.com/XT5L9dS.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Yeah that one in particular I couldnt resist laughing at. I think its just good voice acting?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

That is such a stupid gif and I can't help but chuckle at it every time. It kinda encapsulates the whole show in nutshell :allears:.

Incidentally, vibrational platforms are actually quite good and well worth trying/buying one if you can. Especially if you have back problems and stiff muscles.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Furnaceface posted:

Yeah that one in particular I couldnt resist laughing at. I think its just good voice acting?
Heeeey heeeey sennnpaaaaai!

Uzaki's cackling and heckling at the batting cage was so perfect. She's so annoying and I can't get enough of it.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

deca dence is loving incredible

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting
It's good to have Oregairu back. The premiere felt more like a mid-season episode due to where it had to pick up from season 2's end, but that's not really a complaint. I love these characters and want them to be happy.

Deca-Dence's second episode was... a thing. I'm not sure how I feel about it still.

HxEros' second episode completely sapped any good will I felt toward it. I was hoping that after all the bizarre twists in the second half of the premiere, it wouldn't go back to focusing so much of its time and energy on predictable ecchi "jokes" that have been done a thousand times before, but, alas. Show is just bad.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Rent-A-Girlfriend is a story of a slow-moving disaster in the making, and I just love it.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Uzaki, Rent-a, and God of High School will probably be my to-watch series' this season.

HxEros and Misfit will be my guilty pleasures.

Hey what's the best way to find out what services they'll stream on?

And thanks to Julias as always for putting the work in.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I wonder why people are so wound up about the second episode of Deca-Dence?...

Oh.... :suspense:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I have made a Spoilers/LN Thread for Re:Zero.

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
For now I'm watching Deca-dence and Re:Zero, and Fruits Basket and Digimon from last season. Might check some more things out later.
I also started watching the latest pokemon tv series and I wonder if there's a pokemon discussion thread somewhere here? It feels like there should be but I must've missed it

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Was season one of No Guns Life good? Season two coming out reminded me that I never got around to checking it out.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I watched Re Zero back when it aired and now I've kind of forgotten everything about it except for the broad sweeps. Is there any stuff released since the original ended that I should watch before going into the new series?

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
Maybe Emilia prequel OVA? I don't know if it's gonna be important but it was pretty good

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

macabresca posted:

Maybe Emilia prequel OVA? I don't know if it's gonna be important but it was pretty good

it gives emelia a lot more characterization than she got in basically all of s1

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Starsnostars posted:

Was season one of No Guns Life good? Season two coming out reminded me that I never got around to checking it out.

It's okay. Has some good fight scenes, and the only real issue is that Juzo kinda gets sidelined for Tetsuo being the focus of a lot of the early plot. The season finale's also just a regular standalone episode, but that's not really a problem anymore with season 2 kicking off with a very strong start.

One thing I will say with season 2 is whoever's subtitling it is way better than the guy that got handed the job in the first season after the first couple of episodes. You can tell just off being back to Juzo instead of "Juuzo", and the dialogue not looking like someone transcribed it near-verbatim from Japanese dialogue.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Jul 18, 2020

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Starsnostars posted:

I'd call it aggressively mediocre.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

The main problem was they did a bait and switch on the main character, and I'm sure that's the source material's problem too but it's really annoying to introduce a cool guy with a gun for a head as the protagonist and then immediately replace him with a spindly youth.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I guess it was called No Guns Life, you should have watched Guns Life

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

macabresca posted:

I also started watching the latest pokemon tv series and I wonder if there's a pokemon discussion thread somewhere here? It feels like there should be but I must've missed it

There currently isn't. Anzu made a thread for the sun/moon anime, but that fell into archives 3 years ago.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Uzaki is a prime gremlin.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
This week's Lapis Relights is hilarious.

Demon King School is turning out to be way better than its premise suggests.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

a good part about uzaki is that all the side characters are here to look at the protagonists and go 'lmao'

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Nitrousoxide posted:

Rent-A-Girlfriend is a story of a slow-moving disaster in the making, and I just love it.

The second episode is so good. A lesser show might have spread all those "oh poo poo" moments into a couple episodes but the situation becoming increasingly complicated with every scene change is phenomenal, and it looks like it's just going to keep getting worse. I hope this train's got no brakes.

Gacha whale grandma had me in tears. It's the regular safe option but I want Chizuru and Kazuya to hit it off because she definitely has a soft spot for Grandma, but I think Nagomi is cool enough that even if she found out the truth that she would still get along with Chizuru.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Love to want to look for Uzaki clips on Youtube and every other video is about how DA ESS JAY DUBYAS HATE HER somehow

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Qwertycoatl posted:

I watched Re Zero back when it aired and now I've kind of forgotten everything about it except for the broad sweeps. Is there any stuff released since the original ended that I should watch before going into the new series?

there's the emilia movie and also the memory snow ova. there's also the extra bit added to the end of s1 in the director's cut

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

ninjewtsu posted:

there's the emilia movie and also the memory snow ova. there's also the extra bit added to the end of s1 in the director's cut

But then they just show that bit at the beginning of the new season's first episode anyway.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

a kitten posted:

But then they just show that bit at the beginning of the new season's first episode anyway.
That they did.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Oh my God Deca Dence sure is...something :allears:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Patware posted:

a good part about uzaki is that all the side characters are here to look at the protagonists and go 'lmao'

The cafe owner is amazing :allears:. "I might have to give him a raise just so he sticks around and I can keep watching this".

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's okay. Has some good fight scenes, and the only real issue is that Juzo kinda gets sidelined for Tetsuo being the focus of a lot of the early plot. The season finale's also just a regular standalone episode, but that's not really a problem anymore with season 2 kicking off with a very strong start.

One thing I will say with season 2 is whoever's subtitling it is way better than the guy that got handed the job in the first season after the first couple of episodes. You can tell just off being back to Juzo instead of "Juuzo", and the dialogue not looking like someone transcribed it near-verbatim from Japanese dialogue.

Hmm, sounds like I should make time for S2 then.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Uzaki is a tiny ball of terror and Im enjoying this show way more than I expected.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

https://i.imgur.com/DIkBIGr.gifv
This show knows exactly what it is and isn't ashamed one iota, which I respect. It helps that Uzaki is hilarious and Sakurai is good as a straight man to the silliness.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
deca-dence and gibiate

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I’m liking Uzaki way more than I thought I would. Anime comedies are pretty hit and miss with me but the back and forth between Uzaki and her Sempai works so well that I’m laughing multiple times per ep.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Dang. I'd sub to Funi just to get more Uzaki.

I only hope the Naganime will be this good. The first 2 eps will probably be rough since that's when she's at her worst tho.

Uzaki's been cinnamon-roll pure so far.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

it's gonna be interesting to see the contrast. uzaki is the only chaos agent in the mix while everyone except the protagonist in nagatoro is a nightmare trickster

uzaki gains a lot of steam over time as more characters get introduced, too

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
My list of Teasing Anime goes

Nostalgia-Like Innocence:
Takagi-San

Cinnamon-Roll Earnest:
Uzaki

OH GOD NOT THE AWKWARD HIGH SCHOOL MEMORIES AGAIN:
Nagatoro

Horny On Main:
Miss Ueno

Uzaki just seems like she's well meaning and clueless.

Nagatoro is definitely mean-as-gently caress the first two or three issues (making SenPai cry a bunch) and then the manga hits a groove where she outright covers for her infatuation with teasing, and Senpai can get the upper hand accidentally for a second by doing normal things.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Oh, Hentai(CROSS)EROS (HxEros) just got upgraded to wonderful mess because of this dumb poo poo

:nws: :nws:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

pf ive seen gainax shows, nothing new