Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

chuds, gamergaters and bronies. all of them will taste my sword. i am a man with a singular mission and nothing will distract me. i am the bronie slayer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Cool. I'll link it when I post the Fall thread this afternoon.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

my political opinion is that the dumbest people on the planet are the people who pretended go nagai was woke after watching crybaby, and recommended people read cutie honey for the lesbians

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
God of Highschool is just utterly bizarre.

I feel like if it had just stuck to the actual tournament and saved all the dumb world ending bullshit for later, it would have been more compelling. I was genuinely interested in seeing a potential strategy develop to defeat shark boy and his ability to summon teeth from nowhere, but no, he's just beaten because plot.

It feels like such a 90s anime in so many ways. Characters just win fights by getting rando powerups. Nobody actually matters apart from the MC.

It was great to watch purely for how good the animation was, but I just feel like there's so much more that it could have been.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

The Colonel posted:

heres my top 20 list of how much i distrust someone based on what show theyve watched

1: people who watch every episode of one piece
I watched every episode of One Piece up to Marineford 10-12 years ago. Didn't know any better.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I have watched some of food wars and deadly sins and one piece and goblin shield slay and whatever and it all kinda bleeds together I can’t tell the difference I didn’t even really like the second cour of book nerd what even matters anymore

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
For as bad as lame as GoHS turned out being, it’s got nothing on Gibiate. Woof, now that turned out to be a pile of poo poo.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

The Black Stones posted:

For as bad as lame as GoHS turned out being, it’s got nothing on Gibiate. Woof, now that turned out to be a pile of poo poo.

'Turned out to be'? I only watched the first episode, it was one of the worst productions I've seen recently.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Maxwell Adams posted:

'Turned out to be'? I only watched the first episode, it was one of the worst productions I've seen recently.

Oh it gets WORSE. I mean, it was bad to begin with, I’ll give it that I won’t argue at all. I found all the bad animation and the crazy plot funny though, so I wanted to see where it goes and that was not a good idea. I was definitely right on who I thought was going to be the villain of the series, I was not expecting how they got there.

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
I went and made that Haikyuu thread I was planning to
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3942447

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

The Colonel posted:

1: people who watch every episode of one piece

hello

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

they should call it one thousand piece. on account of there being that many episodes (pieces) of it

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Endorph posted:

my political opinion is that the dumbest people on the planet are the people who pretended go nagai was woke after watching crybaby, and recommended people read cutie honey for the lesbians

yeah everyone knows you watch cutieh oney for the lesbianss lol

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
you watch re:cutie honey for the lesbians, og cutie honey anime still murders them

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
the only part of goblin sslayer ive seen is when the girls go to the armor store together and crack jokes about buying titty armor so im pretty sure its the premieier feminist anime of 2019

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

DisDisDis posted:

the only part of goblin sslayer ive seen is when the girls go to the armor store together and crack jokes about buying titty armor so im pretty sure its the premieier feminist anime of 2019

I remember people posting that panel thinking it was dead serious even tho its an obvious joke.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Grouchio posted:

I watched every episode of One Piece up to Marineford 10-12 years ago. Didn't know any better.

Watching One Piece up to Marineford is fine. It's watching from Marineford onward, all the way through the most recent episode, that people find bizarre.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I remember people posting that panel thinking it was dead serious even tho its an obvious joke.

when youere extremely right about something being bad on the internet you instantly lose all self awareness

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
o h also, the clericc girl is cute

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
I guess since others are posting links to their seasonal show threads, might as well post mine for Yashahime

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3941564

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Silver2195 posted:

Watching One Piece up to Marineford is fine. It's watching from Marineford onward, all the way through the most recent episode, that people find bizarre.

frankly i find reading the manga after that point also bizarre

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
the new world has that moment where luffy clandestinely wipes his booger onto ussop, so i disagree

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Endorph posted:

they gave a few of the side characters anime-only arcs and tournaments and stuff but didnt change any of the actual main plot

Some of the side characters needed that stuff and might be worth watching just for that depending of if it's actually interesting. Doesn't fix literally the rest of the series, but :shrug:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
The fall season thread is finally up.

and now I go to bed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

kater posted:

I didn’t even really like the second cour of book nerd what even matters anymore
It turned into a bunch of church and high society bullshit and all the drive to make paper for books turned into "haha I have a library at my fingertips gently caress that"

Also Head Priest guy got a little non-consentual with the Jesus juice and mind scanning crown at the end there.