Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Spiritus Nox posted:

poo poo I'm watching:

Deca-dence is a no-brainer for my favorite premiere of the season. Yuzuru Tachikawa directed some of my favorite action anime of all time in Mob Psycho, and his talents are on full display here. Delightful protag, evocative setting, lots of interesting mysteries raised, exquisite production. A winner basically any way you look at it.

Lapis ReLights was something of a pleasant surprise. I believe this is the studio's first outing beyond supporting other productions, and they're off to a pretty nice start. The material itself is nothing earthshaking, idol-adjacent SoL material in a fantasy setting with some magical hooks, but it's all presented charmingly enough to keep me on for now.

Umayon - sure, I'll watch 3 minute chunks of Uma Musume characters being dumb, why not

Watching all these for pretty much the same reasons, also watching Re:Zero and SAO because I like pain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

The main problem was they did a bait and switch on the main character, and I'm sure that's the source material's problem too but it's really annoying to introduce a cool guy with a gun for a head as the protagonist and then immediately replace him with a spindly youth.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

So I watched the 3rd episode of Lapis: ReLights and I have two things to say. Stay classy, end of episode bathhouse scene, and I don't think it's fair to have a robot on your magical dodgeball team.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Why was Zorak so uptight about strike witches anyway? Bad optics?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Kill la Kill got problematic around that point if I recall.

That's okay, I watch trash now and I admit it. Uzaki-chan is pretty funny.

Also been watching Umayon because I love me some horsegirls and light comedy.