Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoDice
Feb 11, 2005
Not one, two.
Grimey Drawer

Three Olives posted:

It starts at $65,400.00, I can't imagine why anyone would get that over the Lyriq which is nicer with a lower starting price unless you were super, super, super attached to the Acura brand. Which I am sure that there are some people that are, just doesn't seem like much of a market at that price point.

iirc it will also have carplay / AA unlike future GM vehicles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Three Olives posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbTXrhA5DJ0

Politics really seem intent on putting the US auto industry out of business.

I agree with that review, it does look like a very nice electric GT, and Thamestown is very weird.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Is there a worse car name than Cyberster

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Three Olives posted:

holy poo poo look at that tokusatsu-rear end car :stwoon:

Finger Prince posted:

I agree with that review, it does look like a very nice electric GT, and Thamestown is very weird.

Yeah it's almost like if cities in the west made Chinese styled places and called them "Chinatown". But that would never happen.

bird with big dick posted:

All car names are dumb as poo poo.

GATOS Y VATOS fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Apr 26, 2024

Frazzbo
Feb 2, 2006

Thistle dubh

Three Olives posted:

That is gorgeous - gimme! :swoon:

So glad to see something that is a real car, not a massive sports shoe on wheels or giant, boxy piece of poo poo.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
That Acura is just a Blazer.
The Prologue tried a lot harder to not just be a Blazer especially the interior, but the Acura just is almost exactly the Blazer in shape and layout and appearance. Biggest difference is that you can get white trim.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

priznat posted:

Wow the new Acura EV looks fantastic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2hj3CGheOI

This is the shared platform with GM right?

I like how it low-ish, almost wagon-y

Jesus, the wheels are 22" 275s, christ
Starts at $87K :canada: :lol:

They'll sell tons I'm sure.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

slidebite posted:

Starts at $87K :canada: :lol:

They'll sell tons I'm sure.

Yikes. I think its biggest competition around here for that price would be the iX then. I think that gets optioned up fast though.

I would prefer the iX I think, ugly grille and all.

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

not quite full EV but I just bumped my 2020 hybrid Escape up to a 2024 hybrid Escape ST-line and god drat does it look sexy

the light bar on the front is amazing.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Raymond T. Racing posted:

not quite full EV but I just bumped my 2020 hybrid Escape up to a 2024 hybrid Escape ST-line and god drat does it look sexy

Is this trolling

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

Is this trolling

there’s no normie car thread, and it’s closest to EV thread than any others

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Are the Hyundai hybrids any good? I am looking at the new Santa Fe for the wife and wondering if should focus on that, the DCT in the gas only one scares me a little.

I don’t think she’s be ready for a full EV, maybe a PHEV.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

holy poo poo look at that tokusatsu-rear end car :stwoon:

Yeah it's almost like if cities in the west made Chinese styled places and called them "Chinatown". But that would never happen.

All car names are dumb as poo poo.

The difference is Chinatowns are styled by the Chinese immigrants who lived and formed a community there. Thamestown doesn't seem like it was built by British immigrants to Shanghai pining for home.

Thamestown seems more like Las Vegas Venice or Paris, only immeasurably less poo poo.

Finger Prince fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Apr 26, 2024

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Three Olives posted:

Cool thing about this car is that everyone's gonna stop you for five minutes to ask you about it, which coincidentally is how long it takes for the door to open.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

A/S/L wanna cyberster?

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
every time I see a "crossover" that looks vaguely wagon-like, I compare it to my 2007 subaru and am continually disappointed

The lyriq (and acura) have 28 cu ft behind the rear seats, 61 cu ft total.

my legacy has 33 behind the seats and 65 total..... and is almost a foot shorter in every dimension. I guess all the extra room is just passenger space?

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

there’s no normie car thread, and it’s closest to EV thread than any others

the ev thread is 100% the normcore car thread

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Qwijib0 posted:

every time I see a "crossover" that looks vaguely wagon-like, I compare it to my 2007 subaru and am continually disappointed

my legacy has 33 behind the seats and 65 total..... and is almost a foot shorter in every dimension. I guess all the extra room is just passenger space?

Cargo space is only measured in banana boxes or carryon bags, what is this cu ft you speak of!

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
I’m sorry but in this thread we measure cargo capacity in shrimp

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Frunk only!

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Cactus Ghost posted:

the ev thread is 100% the normcore car thread

What is the MHW-3BOMBER of threads

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Qwijib0 posted:

Probably, the Bolt EUV has "less" cargo space than the smaller Bolt, but it's because the rear seats are much more usable by actual humans, once you fold the seats down it has more cargo room.

You have 24 hours to post pictures of it. Sorry, I don't make the rules, Cruft does.

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

eta: this is pic I got from my rep before getting washed and picked up, I haven't had a chance to do glamour shots yet

GlassEye-Boy
Jul 12, 2001
Alota interesting product announcements at the Beijing Auto show. BYD just announced a BEV performance hatch back starting at 20k USD. Supposed to use their new Blade Battery V2, with nearly 30% higher energy density which should hopefully mean a lighter car overall.

https://youtu.be/9vuSWqbtB08?si=JlVSmxRgN3F0uP0c

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Is this trolling

Hybrids are allowed/welcome here

Elviscat posted:

Probably, the Bolt EUV has "less" cargo space than the smaller Bolt, but it's because the rear seats are much more usable by actual humans, once you fold the seats down it has more cargo room.

You have 24 hours to post pictures of it. Sorry, I don't make the rules, Cruft does.

Stealth mod Cruft

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

apparently Edison Motors is planning a diesel-electric conversion kit for pickups. two solid axles with electric motors in the diffs, a plug-in-hybrid-sized battery, and a 2.8l cummins. Deboss Garage is building the prototype.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKyYZZTqcRA

sorry if this got posted already but this is cool as poo poo and i hope so badly it makes it to launch. those 2.8 cummins motors are already one of the coolest crate motors available but the idea of the powered axles and the fact that their prototype is a second-gen ram is :chefkiss:

Cactus Ghost fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Apr 27, 2024

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
I'd love to see a lightning with half the battery and filling half the frunk with a x<=2L Ecoboost. I know mild hybrids are a ton easier to manufacture, but the usability of a plug in series hybrid would be so much more usable as a truck. And still full electric for most commutes. The engine would probably be lighter than half the battery pack too.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Stealth mod Cruft

I wasn’t talking about the hybrid aspect I was talking about calling a Ford Escape sexy.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

ilkhan posted:

I'd love to see a lightning with half the battery and filling half the frunk with a x<=2L Ecoboost. I know mild hybrids are a ton easier to manufacture, but the usability of a plug in series hybrid would be so much more usable as a truck. And still full electric for most commutes. The engine would probably be lighter than half the battery pack too.

the Powerboost (F150 hybrid that you probably don’t remember exists) kinda sucks, it only gets like 2-4 better MPG than the EcoBoost. Something like a plug-in series hybrid would make a much better pickup truck and probably go a long way to placate people who’d never buy a full EV

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

I wasn’t talking about the hybrid aspect I was talking about calling a Ford Escape sexy.

Don't kinkshame

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Yo if anyone has a Polestar 1 they'd like to get rid of for like, 20%-30% of what it's worth, I'm your guy hmu

Extremely Penetrated
Aug 8, 2004
Hail Spwwttag.
Wife drove an Atto 3 today. "That was the worst thing I've driven since we tested that Equinox a decade ago." I tried it out, it's not nearly that bad but yeah, pretty boatlike. My fault, I was wrong to pine for my Forester. I should have been pining for my Mazda 3 -- she didn't know it but she likes it firm and short.

Which suits me, the MG4 was a blast.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Extremely Penetrated posted:

she didn't know it but she likes it firm and short.

God tier username/ post combo

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

trilobite terror posted:

the Powerboost (F150 hybrid that you probably don’t remember exists) kinda sucks, it only gets like 2-4 better MPG than the EcoBoost. Something like a plug-in series hybrid would make a much better pickup truck and probably go a long way to placate people who’d never buy a full EV

The way MPG works, 2-4 mpg on a relatively inefficient vehicle is a lot more meaningful for fuel consumption than it seems. That’s 10-20% better fuel economy. On a Corolla the same change would be only 6-10% improvement in fuel economy.

DoLittle
Jul 26, 2006

trilobite terror posted:

Ramcharger should be that plugin hybrid truck? 92 kWh battery and a 3.6 V6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

The way MPG works, 2-4 mpg on a relatively inefficient vehicle is a lot more meaningful for fuel consumption than it seems. That’s 10-20% better fuel economy. On a Corolla the same change would be only 6-10% improvement in fuel economy.

yeah I thought about that after I posted. 2-4 MPG gain when you’re dealing with a 20-25MPG avg is a laudable improvement, but I still think the Powerboost is a lot less impressive than it could be and it feels like Ford sidelined it in the lineup when the Lightning dropped

One of the TFL guys had one for a while and they did a bunch of longterm/etc videos on it and ultimately came away with positive-to-mixed feelings on it IIRC