Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

One thing I forgot to mention is the Tesla buying experience was 6 billion times better than literally every other car I’ve purchased in my life. No price haggling, no going back and forth over extended warranty, LoJack, oil changes, VIN etching, haggling about trade-in prices, and whatever else. The original purchase was made via Apple Pay on my phone, and literally everything else was done in the Tesla app: financial transactions, paperwork, delivery appointment setup, everything. Ridiculously easy. And picking up the car, I was in and out in probably 20 mins, which included 15 mins of a dude giving me a Tesla tutorial.

Going back to buying a car any other way would seem like a chore after that.

My Jeep Avenger purchase experience was "which color do you want, do you prefer a free wall charger or a credit for public charging and do you want an extended warranty?" and that's it. You just need to purchase at zero discount, the moment you start haggling the dealer will push back with weird options and items to not lose out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Yes, if you willingly offer your anus up to a Jeep dealer it does, in a way, prevent them from raping you.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

bird with big dick posted:

Yes, if you willingly offer your anus up to a Jeep dealer it does, in a way, prevent them from raping you.

Every dealer I went to had zero room for discounts on custom ev builds and all the ready to purchase ones (with a small chance for discounts) were poverty spec. You will get tunneled in buying any sort of four wheel vehicle, even Ami get "list price or go gently caress yourself" treatment too. Nobody but Renault tried slimy upsells or mandatory financing so i wouldn't call it unpleasant.

SlowBloke fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Apr 16, 2024

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
You are in Europe and that is a very different car buying environment than most people in this thread who are in the US.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

You are in Europe and that is a very different car buying environment than most people in this thread who are in the US.

poo poo dealers are not an us only prerogative and kia dealers are awful worldwide. You just need to avoid the few known offenders (i'm looking at you renault zoe and your loving mandatory battery rent) and live happily. Tesla here is infamous for being a luck of the draw, you get a good agent and everything is hunky dory otherwise it will be a loving mess.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
I'm not sure what this means, other than no one wants Bizzyforks:

quote:

Qualify for $17,750 TFS Lease Subvention Cash on a new 2023 bZ4X

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
What the heck is Lease Subvention Cash

Also yeah they are basically the only cars available on most Toyota dealerships around here

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

priznat posted:

Also yeah they are basically the only cars available on most Toyota dealerships around here

a fancy way of saying its a subsidized lease.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

priznat posted:

The Subaru backlot here is crammed with them

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Tesla cut the additional discount on a lot of model/trims for on-the-lot inventory yesterday. That $5200 was the only reason why I went ahead with buying my Y. Looks like I made it in the nick of time. Until the next discount, at least.

raggedphoto
May 10, 2008

I'd like to shoot you
I was so excited for the Solterra when was first announced… :(

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

raggedphoto posted:

Same :(

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Aw nuts, Tesla is changing the user interface AGAIN.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

raggedphoto posted:

understandable, the BRZ/GT86 was a pretty sweet collab iirc. Shame they laid a big ugly egg this time around.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

cruft posted:

Aw nuts, Tesla is changing the user interface AGAIN.

Their UI guy has to make themself look busy especially after the layoffs.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

My LinkedIn feed is chock full of people announcing they got laid off from tesla, it sucks :sigh:

Seems like a lot of the engineering staff got hit

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

I’ve seen a lot of service techs are getting the axe too, which is pushing people’s appointments by a few weeks. That sucks.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Tesla cut the additional discount on a lot of model/trims for on-the-lot inventory yesterday. That $5200 was the only reason why I went ahead with buying my Y. Looks like I made it in the nick of time. Until the next discount, at least.

it's a quarterly business that discount will be back

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Are any other manufacturers offering some good incentives on EVs other than the toyota one these days?

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

priznat posted:

Are any other manufacturers offering some good incentives on EVs other than the toyota one these days?

Ford recently dropped the price of their Lightning by a lot.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

priznat posted:

understandable, the BRZ/GT86 was a pretty sweet collab iirc. Shame they laid a big ugly egg this time around.

The 4 bizzy was not really a collab as much as Subaru getting to have Toyota's car so they can have an easier time with emission rules. Subaru can't afford to develop an EV.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

priznat posted:

Looks like Hyundai is still doing $7,500, or at least my dealer is.

drhankmccoyphd
Jul 22, 2022
Any NJ goons know about EV registration going up in July? I have a rep telling me the registration fees will increase from $250 to $1200 for four years starting 7/1. Shenanigans?

edit: guess he was right https://insideevs.com/features/714686/new-jersey-annual-ev-fee/

drhankmccoyphd fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Apr 17, 2024

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

priznat posted:

$3000 off an Equinox if you're a current Bolt owner

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Wow that's a surprising number of incentives!

Debating going to a different Kia dealer to have a look at the EV9, the one near me is more of a fleet type place and it really sucks to go to, no parking anywhere, hard to get in, sales guys all out in front of the entrance smoking/vaping away.. it's a miserable experience tbh. (standard kia dealership experience probably)

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Nissan may be adding another $7500 off the Arya. Same with Chevy and the Blazer EVs. Unless they've each come up with their own names for the federal incentive?

Speleothing posted:

Gonna need a lot more than that to pry my Bolt from me.

Also the Equinox EV should probably be for sale first.

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Failson posted:

Gonna need a lot more than that to pry my Bolt from me.

Yeah, I have to wonder how many Bolt owners are drooling at the chance to move into a big ol' SUV. As an extreme example, if somebody offered me a Hummer EV in exchange for the LEAF, I'd wonder who was doing their market research.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Speleothing posted:

Ew

priznat posted:

My LinkedIn feed is chock full of people announcing they got laid off from tesla, it sucks :sigh:

The whole Model 2 development team, I'd imagine.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Elviscat posted:

The whole Model 2 development team, I'd imagine.

I bet.. I guess they're not planning on any new follow on models? Hmm.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Speleothing posted:

They keep trying this angle, pushing it really hard. Somebody at Chevy thinks it's a winner or wants to make it a thing.

raggedphoto
May 10, 2008

I'd like to shoot you
American automakers really really don’t want to make small cars to the point of dangling 3 grand in your face to size up.

GlassEye-Boy
Jul 12, 2001

priznat posted:

Yea the Tesla Austin facility laid off about 10% of staff.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Tesla sent a mobile tech out to my house today to install the HomeLink module, and he said it felt like 30% got laid off from his site. My company did the same last year and it was awful.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

I saw a cybortuk last week for the first time that thing really really uh.... really collects fingerprints i guess. Looked like a refrigerator a dozen grubby kids had been leaving hand prints all over.

priznat posted:

Wow that's a surprising number of incentives!

Debating going to a different Kia dealer to have a look at the EV9, the one near me is more of a fleet type place and it really sucks to go to, no parking anywhere, hard to get in, sales guys all out in front of the entrance smoking/vaping away.. it's a miserable experience tbh. (standard kia dealership experience probably)

I lhad a look at one maybe a month ago out of curiosity, i don't know what I was expecting but it was somehow even bigger in person than I even thought it would be. I get thats the point, and it was nice looking inside and cavernous, but man thats a big non truck EV.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Yeah I was charging a few weeks ago and wound up next to an EV9 and it was like the limo in Aphex Twin's Windowlicker video

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Lol I saw one in the parkade at work and it didn't seem that big! Grand highlander is probably bigger.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

priznat posted:

Lol I saw one in the parkade at work and it didn't seem that big! Grand highlander is probably bigger.

I have no idea how big a Grand Highlander is, but it doesn't sound like a small vehicle.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Finger Prince posted:

I have no idea how big a Grand Highlander is, but it doesn't sound like a small vehicle.

It's not but it's still more reasonable than a tahoe or escalade or F150

The EV9 is a three row crossover I wouldn't expect it to be little

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

GlassEye-Boy posted:

Yea the Tesla Austin facility laid off about 10% of staff.

Tesla sent a mobile tech out to my house today to install the HomeLink module, and he said it felt like 30% got laid off from his site. My company did the same last year and it was awful.
In other news: Tesla said Wednesday it will ask shareholders to reinstate CEO Elon Musk’s $56 billion pay package, which a Delaware judge voided earlier this year after ruling that the record-setting compensation deal was “deeply flawed.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/04/17/elon-musk-pay-tesla-to-ask-holders-to-reinstate-voided-stock-grant.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Thank god.