Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Ya that thread is all over the place with a lot of "feels" and "I've never driven that far before, how can this be?!".

Also, that thread is like 9+ months ago and there are only a handfull of people reporting the "issue" with no one actually getting ahold of Tesla to really find out what's going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

If you're looking at used EVs, what should you watch out for? (Not a Leaf)

There's a used car dealership that sells only ev/hybrids, and my parents are interested in picking one up.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

I expect it's just user error. Either people being dumbasses and not having a good grasp of distances or switching the car to metric.

Some widespread, long-term issue with the odometer would have been picked up on by insurance, rental, repair companies pretty quickly.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Just scrolling through that fact chaser Twitter account, it's pretty obvious the guy has beef with Musk and Tesla, and is using the platform to air it. Which, fair enough, but you don't need to look very close to see the obvious bias.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Unless it's a U.S. only thing, Bjorn Nyland would have caught it as he regularly uses trip meters, etc., for the 1000km challenge, etc. I think other car reviewers would too.

the poi
Oct 24, 2004

turbo volvo, wooooo!
Grimey Drawer
New Tesla just dropped. Order placed, hope the company is still around in June.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Yeah I’m not a Tesla fan at all and hate its horrible boss but the odometer thing is stupid.

grahm
Oct 17, 2005
taxes :(
I would buy the new Model 3 Performance if I didn't hate Elon so much. It looks like a great car and great value. I'm excited for how it will reset the pricing on performance EVs.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
With my commute (15km each way, either on a freeway or a highway with frequent construction and stop lights) I find I appreciate the sound isolation and fantastic stereo of my car more than being able to launch like a scalded housecat. It’s fast but I rarely even have a chance to open it up what with traffic. It’s wonderful to sit in traffic in though with comfy seats and that amazing stereo. Bowers and Wilkins, just always impresses me.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Yeah I keep the Lyriq in touring mode rather than sport. It has a much more relaxed throttle response and I just do not care about speeding past people, even though the car is more than capable of doing so.

The bolt gets driven in full-send mode though, just like the spark ev before it.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

The Slack Lagoon posted:

There's a used car dealership that sells only ev/hybrids, and my parents are interested in picking one up.

Stupid up-sells, obvious mechanical stuff, battery history, etc. O and just get a used Bolt unless they want something specific/fancy.

My sample size isn’t great, but I specifically bought my Bolt from a dealer that didn’t specialize in EVs cause they were clueless idiots who gave me a good deal to clear their lot of a car they didn’t like. Dealers that knew their poo poo wanted me to pay a sane price instead of a handful of magic beans, and lol gently caress dealers. The whole point of buying used was to never put up with a dealer again.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
How is the Bolt EV full-send? I hear it would benefit from better shocks.

lostleaf
Jul 12, 2009
The new model 3 performance surprisingly qualifies for the federal tax credit. Which means for most people the performance version is cheaper than the regular dual motor version by 2k! Maybe this is why Tesla still doesn't allow lease buyout.

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!

bird with big dick posted:

One person says it's 100% off but her evidence is "feelings." e: actually later she says it's 1000% off because it says she drove less than 600 miles, but her car says she drove 6,174 miles.

I just tested mine and it's dead on. Google maps says 24.7 miles, odometer recorded 25 miles, sum of 3 trip odos was 24 miles.

e: other guy says 300% difference because he had 40 extra miles after taking his car to a garage for work on his rims.

I wonder what other possible explanation there could be for 40 additional miles on your car after dropping it off at a garage. Also has multiple sons, wonder if they're driving age.

Indeed :raise:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I bet the new Model 3P has a stiffer ride so new owners might want to take that into consideration vs the LR version.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
also the annoying low profile rims

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Nfcknblvbl posted:

I bet the new Model 3P has a stiffer ride so new owners might want to take that into consideration vs the LR version.

Love a good stiffie

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

trilobite terror posted:

Hilariously slippy, especially if it's even a little damp. It doesn't really have an amazing or sporty suspension, which makes it probably more fun.

the poi
Oct 24, 2004

turbo volvo, wooooo!
Grimey Drawer

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Jason Cammisa likes the damping, seems to thread the needle.
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-carmudgeon-show/id1620252081?i=1000653363997

grahm
Oct 17, 2005
taxes :(

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Autotrader Youtube said the ride is great

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
MKBHD did a 12-minute vid and didn't even drive it lol

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Tayter Swift posted:

MKBHD did a 12-minute vid and didn't even drive it lol
He has driven the car; he just doesn’t include driving footage. Which is fair; I don’t think Doug’s O faces have added anything for me.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

trilobite terror posted:

I just this past weekend bought a used Kia Niro over the Bolt EUV. I liked both but I was able to get a Niro with the cold weather package and basically every fancy feature under the sun for only two thousand more. Plus, the Niro is a quiter and smoother drive than the Bolt was. The "new" Bolt EUV's seem like the real super deal except most dealers that have any unused 23 Bolts are well aware of the tax credit and price to capture every penny of it.
'

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

The Slack Lagoon posted:

:hmmyes: You already got the big one there, hoss.

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Big trap.with certain models (the Bolt being one of them, not sire if there are others) is making sure it has fast-charge capability. At one point it was often optional, and not having it is Annoying.

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

FlapYoJacks posted:

Fun fact about the whole “drive extra miles part of your post:

https://x.com/factschaser/status/1782283227748536461

Seems like Tesla is counting a kilometer as a mile.

This appears to be very bad. Prob just FUD tho.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Oh my god lmfao.

https://x.com/BlastYoBoots/status/1782542416949457370

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

lmao

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

it doubles briefly as a canteen

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
not seeing why that would cause a short

obviously dumb to let water pool there but the wiring isnt submerged in it

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

OBAMNA PHONE posted:

not seeing why that would cause a short

obviously dumb to let water pool there but the wiring isnt submerged in it

I would imagine it sloshes out to that HV connector right next to it, which is going to be extremely unhappy very quickly about going to ground.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Considering the state of the rest of the car, I think it’s pretty safe to assume the wiring will also have its own horrifying idiosyncrasies. Like they used antique glass insulators from early 20th century power lines for a rustic, manly feel.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

Musk discovering in real time why the Delorean went extinct in under 5 years of production

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

At least we’ll get a Back to the Future reboot.

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
The source of the pic stated it’s his own truck that was left outside with the bed removed, water didn’t just get in there

Also any motor HV are waterproof connections so there’s zero percent chance anything will happen, how do you think Teslas do river crossings without exploding?

I mean sure the wiring routing leaves a lot to be desired but given how polarising these are i wouldn’t be drawing conclusions from random internet posters

ROFLBOT fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Apr 24, 2024

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

ROFLBOT posted:

Also any motor HV are waterproof connections

*are supposed to be

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

I love how the thread's generally agreeing that 1km=1mi is fake news, but also agreeing that the Cybertruck is a flaming POS that probably shorts out the traction battery if you put it through the car wash.

All these articles I'm reading are like "the EV economy is really sagging" when it seems like the story is actually "the largest EV seller made a years-long idiotic decision and now they're paying for it"

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

cruft posted:

I love how the thread's generally agreeing that 1km=1mi is fake news, but also agreeing that the Cybertruck is a flaming POS that probably shorts out the traction battery if you put it through the car wash.

All these articles I'm reading are like "the EV economy is really sagging" when it seems like the story is actually "the largest EV seller made a years-long idiotic decision and now they're paying for it"

Theres been enough bullshit with the Cybertruck in particular that I’m not going to give it the benefit of the doubt of being properly assembled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

That Works posted:

Theres been enough bullshit with the Cybertruck in particular that I’m not going to give it the benefit of the doubt of being properly assembled.

:hmmyes: