Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I’m hearing reports that the frotting gif is from a democrat sex education curriculum that they’re trying to introduce into elementary schools.

e: sorry wrong thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Electric Cars : the frotting gif is from a democrat sex education curriculum

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

bird with big dick posted:

I’m hearing reports that the frotting gif is from a democrat sex education curriculum that they’re trying to introduce into elementary schools.

right thread

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
right thread

Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

ROFLBOT posted:

Also any motor HV are waterproof connections so there’s zero percent chance anything will happen, how do you think Teslas do river crossings without exploding?

One thing to see a short vid of a car crossing a huge deep puddle but you don't get to see what problems it may have caused later.

drhankmccoyphd
Jul 22, 2022

Infinotize posted:

One thing to see a short vid of a car crossing a huge deep puddle but you don't get to see what problems it may have caused later.

Fair enough but in an extreme situation I’d rather be able to make it through the water first and deal with the damage afterward.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Got an email from Polestar that the 4 is up for preordering now, I’m a little surprised it is cheaper than I had expected. Can option it up in price pretty quick though.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Xiahou Dun posted:

Electric Cars : the frotting gif is from a democrat sex education curriculum

:hmmyes:

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW
Are (non-Tesla) Level 2 chargers generic?

Could I use the charger that came with my Bolt to charge a Pacifica PHEV?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Harveygod posted:

Are (non-Tesla) Level 2 chargers generic?

Could I use the charger that came with my Bolt to charge a Pacifica PHEV?

If it fits it charges.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Stultus Maximus posted:

If it fits it charges.

:byoscience:

Extremely Penetrated
Aug 8, 2004
Hail Spwwttag.
There's a lot of non-poo poo models these days. Please narrow it down for me, I cbf'd doing a dozen test drives.

I'm in NZ so there's odd choices in the $40-60k range. Barely used:
MG 4
Kia Niro, EV6
Hyundai Kona, Ioniq 5
BYD Dolphin, Atto 3
Citroen eC3 / Peugeot 208 / Opel Mokka
Volkswagen eGolf, ID.4

Older models (2019+):
Jaguar i-Pace
Polestar 2
Audi eTron
Lexus UX 300e

Bolts don't exist, and gently caress Tesla.

I'll be keeping my invincible 2009 Honda Fit. I value safety, then a nice interior, and then handling on B road twisties. I'm fine with anything from hatchback to medium SUV. I don't like things that try to drive for me. Winter isn't a factor here.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Extremely Penetrated posted:

There's a lot of non-poo poo models these days. Please narrow it down for me, I cbf'd doing a dozen test drives.

MG 4
Kia Niro, EV6
Hyundai Kona, Ioniq 5
BYD Dolphin, Atto 3
Volkswagen eGolf, ID.4

Older models (2019+):
Jaguar i-Pace
Polestar 2
Audi eTron
Lexus UX 300e

I'll be keeping my invincible 2009 Honda Fit. I value safety, then a nice interior, and then handling on B road twisties. I'm fine with anything from hatchback to medium SUV. I don't like things that try to drive for me. Winter isn't a factor here.

From personal experience: Polestar 2 probably fits the bill best, but it is a fairly wide car and I don't know how narrow NZ country lanes are, so that could be an issue.
Can't speak to the Stellatis or Chinese options.
ID.4 got a lot of criticism for their poo poo interior choices.
Ioniq 5 is super cool looking and the top spec interior is pretty nice.

In your shoes, with those options, I'd give a Polestar 2, one of the Stellatis options, the BYD, and the Ioniq 5 a closer look.

GlassEye-Boy
Jul 12, 2001

MG 4
Kia Niro, EV6
Hyundai Kona, Ioniq 5
BYD Dolphin, Atto 3
Volkswagen eGolf, ID.4

Older models (2019+):
Jaguar i-Pace
Polestar 2
Audi eTron
Lexus UX 300e

MG4s have gotten very good reviews, RWD and are supposed to be pretty zippy and fun to drive on back roads.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
You need to narrow size down a bit - there is an absolutely enormous difference between an Ioniq 5/EV6 and the Corsa/208

Personally I like the Hyundai/Kia models best but they are not good value for money in NZ either new or second hand. On the larger car side there are some good deals on the id.4/Enyaq, if you want something a little smaller there are tonnes of Atto 3s available.

E. check out this colour combo - guess there's a reason it's by far the cheapest extended range Dolphin available https://www.trademe.co.nz/4675348012
MG4 in the correct colour https://www.trademe.co.nz/4270824202
Cheap Corsa https://www.trademe.co.nz/4528492034

Other listings nearer the top of your price range
Big battery Cupra https://www.trademe.co.nz/4539132966
Id.4 https://www.trademe.co.nz/462176275
Id.5 https://www.trademe.co.nz/4646940059

dissss fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Apr 25, 2024

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Stultus Maximus posted:

If it fits it charges.

There's still a future where this isn't the case, but it's looking increasingly unlikely :toot:

I mean, other than the present, where chargers are broken all the time.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

GlassEye-Boy posted:

MG4s have gotten very good reviews, RWD and are supposed to be pretty zippy and fun to drive on back roads.

This is surprising. I've had a couple of truly abysmal MG rentals (the ZS, I think... The one that resembles a CX-5) that were bad to the point I wouldn't even consider their EV options.

GlassEye-Boy
Jul 12, 2001

Finger Prince posted:

This is surprising. I've had a couple of truly abysmal MG rentals (the ZS, I think... The one that resembles a CX-5) that were bad to the point I wouldn't even consider their EV options.

MG4 seems like a turning point. Plenty of decent reviews online. Their up and cooking models seem nice, but wait and see how they turn out or if the MG4 was a fluke.

Extremely Penetrated
Aug 8, 2004
Hail Spwwttag.
Even more options! I had no idea about the Cupra, Skoda or Corsa. I agree I've been poo poo at choosing a size, so let's go on the larger end because I miss my Forester.

That ugly Dolphin absolutely missed the point and shouldn't exist, though I'd drive a hot pink one without shame. The MG4 looks good yeah.

I guess that makes my list shorter, thanks folks.
- BYD Atto 3
- Hyundai Ioniq 5
- Polestar 2
- VW ID.4 (ID.5 seems too new, expensive)
- MG4 (small, but those reviews)
- whatever Stellantis model is handy when I'm looking at the others

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
Be sure to consider how easy each of those models will be to get serviced if something goes wrong.

I ignored Polestar when I was shopping because the nearest service center is ~150 miles away from my home. I don't know what the dealer/service landscape looks like in NZ though.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
The dolphins design seems to be inspired by Honda fit. But I know nothing about those cars

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Even more options! I had no idea about the Cupra, Skoda or Corsa. I agree I've been poo poo at choosing a size, so let's go on the larger end because I miss my Forester.

That ugly Dolphin absolutely missed the point and shouldn't exist, though I'd drive a hot pink one without shame. The MG4 looks good yeah.

- BYD Atto 3
- Hyundai Ioniq 5
- Polestar 2

The Corsa is basically a 208 with a bit less fancy interior - it along with the Citroen are Stellantis. I'll say again they're small cars though, the MG4/Dolphin/Ora Cat are all half a size up.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

Just got the CCS upgrade on my 2019 Model 3. Had to wrangle with the service center a bit but they finally confirmed they could install it. I haven't had the opportunity to test it yet because the nearest CCS station is in Santa Fe, but that should be a great help getting up to Denver if it works. The Las Vegas-Trinidad stretch is really hairy in the Winter and it might be one of the only places in America where the EA network has better coverage than the supercharger network.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

bird with big dick posted:

Cactus Ghost posted:

right thread

Why not, let's do the Right/Wrong thread game here.

You know the rules, 24 hours and the voting starts...

*Now*

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Right thread

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Right thread

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Can't wait to return and see 45 posts of absolutely nothing

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Nitrox posted:

You can charge your car on 120v and promise yourself only to read the thread from the most recent post once the car is done charging.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

- BYD Atto 3
- Hyundai Ioniq 5
- Polestar 2

Add the Ora Funky/Good Cat to your list.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
Right thread

GlassEye-Boy
Jul 12, 2001
https://www.yicaiglobal.com/news/huawei-11-chinese-nev-makers-form-supercharging-alliance

Huawei and so far 11 of the largest NEV makers in China are joining to create a standardized super charging network.
Pretty big news out of China, something they should do here in the US but I guess the Tesla system will be taking that spot.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Maybe someday every EV will be using the same charging plug. Importing classics will be a pain for a long time.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Wow the new Acura EV looks fantastic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2hj3CGheOI

This is the shared platform with GM right?

I like how it low-ish, almost wagon-y

Jesus, the wheels are 22" 275s, christ

priznat fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Apr 26, 2024

extravadanza
Oct 19, 2007
The silver trim piece dipping down from the windows on the back 3rd makes me think 'hearse'.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

extravadanza posted:

The silver trim piece dipping down from the windows on the back 3rd makes me think 'hearse'.

I think that was the first comment on the youtube lol

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

priznat posted:

Wow the new Acura EV looks fantastic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2hj3CGheOI

This is the shared platform with GM right?

I like how it low-ish, almost wagon-y

Jesus, the wheels are 22" 275s, christ

It starts at $65,400.00, I can't imagine why anyone would get that over the Lyriq which is nicer with a lower starting price unless you were super, super, super attached to the Acura brand. Which I am sure that there are some people that are, just doesn't seem like much of a market at that price point.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Three Olives posted:

It starts at $65,400.00, I can't imagine why anyone would get that over the Lyriq which is nicer with a lower starting price unless you were super, super, super attached to the Acura brand. Which I am sure that there are some people that are, just doesn't seem like much of a market at that price point.
This looks better than the Lyriq imo

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Nitrox posted:

theres a solution for that

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Vegetable posted:

This looks better than the Lyriq imo

Yeah it definitely does. The narrow rear hatch was kind of lame though. Also the lack of frunk on a hood that huge? Bizarre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbTXrhA5DJ0

Politics really seem intent on putting the US auto industry out of business.