Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

You say consider your sources but the OP straight up blacklists several of them. It doesn’t appear that rule or any others were developed with the community involved, and it comes across as very biased.

The same holds true on the Twitter piece and reads that you can’t post someone’s tweet unless there is “solid evidence”, but that seems to set a very high bar, and possibly intentionally created that way.

If it's a genuine news item then it will be reported on outside of those particular sites, surely?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Slime TrainerS

Shamino posted:

Wasn't the e-golf a half baked compliance vehicle? I swear I read that it doesn't have any active cooling for the battery system and range drops off precipitously.

Yeah, it was a gimmick - they just crowbarred an EV drivetrain into a normal Golf and shoved it out the door as a "Look! We're doing EVs too!" token gesture.

...then they sort of killed diesels with their "faking emissions is just as good as improving them" fuckup and had to start making actual EVs.

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Slime TrainerS
Just nonchalantly sitting there with a lithium fire in their lap and the rest of the battery packs aimed at their face like a claymore mine.

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Slime TrainerS

Charles posted:

Toyota went in front of the U.S. senate on Tuesday to argue against EV adoption, I guess?
https://www.energy.senate.gov/services/files/E2EA0E4F-BAD9-452D-99CC-35BC204DE6F0
What exactly do they want?

Quite a few of the Japanese carmakers have wildly misjudged the growth of the EV market and the coming restrictions on ICE-powered vehicles and are now in the "buggy-makers arguing about the horseless carriage" stage.

Toyota still thinks hybrids are the long-term future rather than a stepping stone, for example.

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Slime TrainerS
Dongfeng Pickup Concept 2024 looks...vaguely familiar?

https://twitter.com/Tazerface16/status/1785360555580305475

It's apparently built on one of their standard EV platforms so they could put it into production if they wanted to.