Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

It’s so insane that I actually thing I’m going ICE when my lease is up in 9 months? I was determined to go EV, but I am not paying bs prices (and I’m not on a list for anything).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Sonic Dude posted:

Honestly, unless your car is falling apart (and if that’s the case then :rip: your lease end paperwork), it’s basically a guarantee that your current lease is worth more than its residual. You could — as long as the impending correction hasn’t happened yet— probably buy out the lease (maybe even with a few payments left) and profit enough for a nice down payment. If you’re still waiting for your EV of choice, just buy out the lease and hang onto it for a while.

If the used car market goes back to poo poo, you could almost definitely extend your lease. Most brands give you 4-6 months with minimal justification, and those payments lower the residual further.

Great advice. I agree with all of that, but the shortages make me wonder if I should try to get on someone’s list 6ish months out?

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Just read all of this. Bad rear end. Anyone else on here tried anything like that?

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Doom Rooster posted:

I got pretty excited about the Equinox EV reveal, for a number of reasons. I loving loved my Volt, Equinox higher trim will be the price range I’m looking for, the form factor I’m looking for, and the timeframe I’m looking for.

I checked out the site and the gorgeous blue only comes with that awful white top. I may have to include getting that painted to match as part of the overall cost.

I love white roofs! My last lease I vowed to only get a car with an accent roof.

I didn’t follow through, but still!

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Ok Comboomer posted:

LR Defender EV when

I would be head over heels in love.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Three Olives posted:

I mean, seriously though, there is no legitimate purpose to make a car that fast, period. There is absolutely no reason to buy or sell such a car, it's just because "I can". it is inherently incredibly dangerous to pedestrians and other drivers and should not be allowed on public roads.

Sure? But take this energy and put it towards trucks that weigh 4 tons dropping kids off at school. I’m less worried about a nerd in a Tesla then a suburban mom/dad on their phone in some tank.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Safety Dance posted:

Yeah it's fugly, but my wife likes it.

We talking about our hogs? If so, same here brother.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

ROFLBOT posted:

Ive charged 9% to 80% in about 20 minutes - that doesnt seem particularly groundbreaking to me

Well this one goes 8 to 80% in 16 min. So that’s better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

It aint thecolor thats the problem with that shitbox

I thought people liked them?