Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

the first EV thread into a smoking crater with constant fights

Pretty much why I avoided the first thread. Hope this one goes well thanks guys!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Just gonna leave this here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-7jBLqSlzg

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

So how are the Mustang Mach Es doing so far? Trying to decide whether to order one or not, but no one has any to test drive and my wife wants to drive one first.

It's pretty much down to a Toyota Avalon hybrid or ordering a Mach E, but kind of hard to compare when no one has any Mach Es.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

YOLOsubmarine posted:

We’ve had ours for about six months and it’s been fine. No issues, does what it says on the tin. We test drove an ID.4 as well and my wife and I both preferred the Mach-E. Where do you live?

Florida, Tampa Bay area. Dealer near us has a new GT but won't let anyone test drive it, the salesman literally said to me "you can test drive it after you buy it"

Just found out another dealership has a pre owned GT we might be able to drive, waiting to hear back from them.

We have a refundable deposit down on a Avalon Hybrid that should be in soon as well, so we want to be able to drive a Mach E before it gets in to decide what we're gonna do. It's gonna be my wife's car so it will be up to her ultimately, but I'm thinking we might as well go full EV now.

QuarkJets posted:

So the MSRP for the Mach-e is $45k, and $10k standard markup puts it at $55k. At that point I'd strongly recommend checking to see if there's a Polestar space within 200 miles of you, since iirc that's the max distance where they'll still drive a car to you for a test drive. It won't be an option for a lot of regions because there are so few spaces, but worth a shot.

Checking on these as well, last time I looked there was nothing around but I'm gonna check again.

[e] Found their test drive program, that's really cool didn't see that before. At least they are making an effort for people to drive one before they order, Ford could take a lesson from that.

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jul 5, 2022

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Picked up a new Avalon Hybrid yesterday (nightshade edition) and really liking it so far.

Had a deposit down on it a month before it arrived, and the day it got there they already had a waiting list of people that wanted it if we declined. They had almost no new cars on the lot at all. Our friend has a deposit on a RAV4 PHEV and she has to wait 5 months.

Going to this from a Lexus LS and doubling the mileage lol

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Anyone here have the Audi Q8 E Tron? My wife is thinking about trading up from our Avalon hybrid.

Just wondering if there's any issues I should know about, gonna go test drive one here soon.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

knox_harrington posted:

Someone on here has an OG E-tron which I understand is the same thing, they can comment better. I tested one out in 2022 and might have got one but mostly because there wasn't much competition and I can get a big discount at Audi.

My impression was that it has a great cabin but was very boring to drive and not at all fast. They're fairly common around here but I guess that's because of the lack of competition at the time.

Would I get one? No, much more likely a BMW iX if I wanted an electronic SUV, or wait for the constantly delayed Porsche Macan EV which is due next year. Personally I'd be looking at BMW i5 or i4 for that kind of money but those are sedans.

Actually my wife would prefer a sedan so we're gonna check BMWs as well thanks. I'm guessing the BMWs are a bit more ahead in EV tech since the Q8 platform is still kind of old?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

knox_harrington posted:

Yes pretty much. The original e-tron is a fairly old model and is based on an ICE platform, the BMW i4, i5 and iX are all purpose built EVs. Audi does have new EVs coming through with the A6 e-tron next year. They also have the e-tron GT which is a rebranded Porsche Taycan and the Q4 which is their version of the id.4. Not sure what your budget is but the RWD Taycan is "not too bad" if you stay away from the options.

This is all German cars but I guess you could look at Lucid if you're in the USA? though I don't really know anything about them.

Yeah we're in the US. She loves the E Tron GT but it's way too expensive, the i4 is more of the price range we are looking at, basically she wants something that's not a Tesla 3 and it looks like the i4 fits the bill perfect.

She was initially considering the Audi because she knows the manager for a dealer near us, but unless he could give us a screaming deal on a Q8 I think she'd rather get a sedan like the i4.