Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frazzbo
Feb 2, 2006

Thistle dubh
Woohoo, I finally get to submit my membership application for the EV owners' club! :toot: Collected an Open Corsa-e Ultimate the other day, drove it almost 600km back from the dealership and got the full experience of navigating by ABRP to suitable charging stations. Loving it so far!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frazzbo
Feb 2, 2006

Thistle dubh

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Post more about it, as an American I’m intrigued by stuff we don’t get. Is it basically just a Corsa but electric? What’s the range?

Here's an overview of it from the Opel website:

https://www.opel.ie/cars/corsa-models/corsa-e/overview.html

WLTP range is 335km (just over 208 miles). The website above is the Irish one, but we bought ours in Germany, where the specs are slightly different. However, the headlines of 50kWh and 136HP are the same.

Extras include heated seats, heated steering wheel, eco mode, sport mode (which has a nice kick to it :)), massage function on the driver's seat, cruise control, which are all fun and welcome. Liking it fine so far!

Frazzbo
Feb 2, 2006

Thistle dubh
OK, ya got me :rolleyes: Meet my Corsa

https://imgur.com/a/7pXE3i6

Sorry, image won't embed.

Frazzbo
Feb 2, 2006

Thistle dubh

cruft posted:

Nice car! Another AI success story! :peanut:

Thanks! Praise is worth the probe :haw:

Frazzbo
Feb 2, 2006

Thistle dubh

VideoGameVet posted:

Does anyone know what brand is for this electric van I spotted in Cologne last week?

According to the Deutsche Post website, the vehicles were developed by them

https://www.dpdhl.com/de/presse/specials/emobilitaet.html

"Deutsche Post DHL Group already operates its internally developed and self-managed Street Scooter vehicles as well as around 12,000 e-bikes and e-trikes, making it the largest fleet of electric vehicles in Germany. For the benefit of the environment and our customers, the medium-term aim is to convert the whole fleet of letter and packet delivery vehicles to electric, that will be powered by electricity from renewable energy sources."

Further down that page is a previous post that says they are based on a Ford Transit chassis.

Frazzbo
Feb 2, 2006

Thistle dubh

Evil_Greven posted:

The XC40 EV is really nice.

What? No it's not. Even if it wasn't presented in hearing-aid beige, it's still a loving lump. Why can't car manufacturers today design a decent-looking car, instead of things that look like either a training show or a housebrick on wheels?

I know, strong "old man shouts at clouds" energy here, but come on, SUVs have a lot to answer for. They are not easy on the eye by any stretch of the imagination.

Frazzbo
Feb 2, 2006

Thistle dubh
OK, gently caress Musk, but in other news, I recently received a recall notice on our Opel Corsa. This is fully electric, and the recall stated it was because "We have found that the test bench measurement to prove compliance with the emissions regulations cannot be carried out on some Opel Corsas due to a software error".

When I read this, I was already a bit doubtful, thinking "what emissions? It's electric!" Anyway, it went in yesterday for the update. Today, I received another letter for Opel head office, stating that the original recall notice was wrong (ya think?). The real reason for the recall was given as "Energy consumption measurement of the electric vehicle on the test bench may not be feasible" and therefore the BSI (central control unit) needed reprogramming. Fortunately, that was what was carried out yesterday.

Since then, it all feels just a bit less responsive. It was no Porsche or ludicrous mode Tesla anyway, but somehow, it's now just a bit slower all round. I had the winter tyres put on at the same time, so I don't know if that has made the difference, since they're definitely bouncier and noisier on the road. Here ends the trip report. Anyone else had a recall on a Corsa (or Bolt, for that matter)?

Frazzbo
Feb 2, 2006

Thistle dubh

Bummer. USA only :argh:

Frazzbo
Feb 2, 2006

Thistle dubh
Hey BYD-havers (BYDders?), how do you pronounce your marque? Is it Bee-Wye-Dee, Bid, or what? :shrug:

Frazzbo
Feb 2, 2006

Thistle dubh
If we're only discussing currently available EVs in this thread, then please feel free to give me pelters about this, but I saw what BMW is planning and I'm excited:

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/bmw-neue-klasse-concept-sets-tone-brands-ev-reinvention

If they bring this out, I would consider selling body parts to get one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frazzbo
Feb 2, 2006

Thistle dubh

Three Olives posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbTXrhA5DJ0

Politics really seem intent on putting the US auto industry out of business.

That is gorgeous - gimme! :swoon:

So glad to see something that is a real car, not a massive sports shoe on wheels or giant, boxy piece of poo poo.