Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zandar
Aug 22, 2008

pedrovay2003 posted:

We definitely end up utilizing the handheld camera mode when we're plagued by GHOST MATTER. I didn't think to try it on the stuff that moves around, though, I guess I just got it into my head that the camera had to remain with the object. That's a good tip!

On a related note, it seemed like you were having some trouble fixing the gravity crystals with the scout camera. As far as I could tell you were only rotating the camera up and down once the scout was in place - were you aware you can rotate it left and right (which translate to anticlockwise and clockwise from the scout's point of view) as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zandar
Aug 22, 2008
The ones in the part after the sandriver are quantum (well, most of them, I think some always block certain paths), the ones beforehand are not. The path is just placed such that it's extremely easy to miss.

Zandar
Aug 22, 2008

HerStuddMuffin posted:

• what was that probe, armored to withstand a nova, supposed to accomplish? What would have happened if they had succeeded?

One quick correction since I don't think anyone mentioned it specifically: the probe wasn't armoured to withstand a nova, the Ash Twin Project itself was. When the Nomai refer to the ATP, they're not talking about the overall plan, they're talking about the memory storage/time travel facility at the centre of Ash Twin, which is shielded by a thick layer of heat-resistant metal (which you can see the outside of once the sand has all drained) so that it will function for a few seconds of supernova while it gathers the power to send all its information to, uh, itself.