Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Was able to get this for $6 with coupon during the EGS Summer Sale and I’m enjoying it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I think I managed to cover most of the game this weekend. There are still a few areas that I haven't really gone to yet but I am saving those for later. I'm still not great at space navigation but there are a lot of times you can't use the autopilot.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Yes you do have to keep an eye on it because it does not account for objects between you and the place you are going to

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Musk would also probably build a flammable launch pad

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Oddly enough the comet was less of a pain to deal with than several other places

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I’ve done it once but it’s basically a death wish

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Fedule posted:

Star System Summary:

:) Timber Hearth: Breathable atmosphere, abundant trees and water, comfortable gravity
:black101: Brittle Hollow: Unstable shell of a planet around a black hole under natural volcanic artillery fire
:black101: Giant's Deep: Endless hell tornados that regularly lift islands briefly into orbit
:black101: Hourglass Twins: Baking hot surface or cave system regularly filling with crushing sand
:black101: Dark Bramble: Unnavigable non-Euclidean plant maze staffed by hatefish
Dark Bramble is so much worse than the rest of them

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Just finished the game and I really enjoyed it. There are some puzzle things that probably require a guide to figure out though.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

The puzzles aren’t too bad but there are a few that can be frustrating

I’m pretty sure I was able to do everything before I did the final part

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

There really isn’t much of a penalty for death in this game. It’s not that annoying compared to other games that punish death more. You just explore and then reset. Yes sometimes this means you may not be able to cover as much ground as you might want, but once you have gone to the different planets enough times you can do things faster.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

There is actually something on Hollow Lantern even if it isn’t much

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Here's what you still have to do-

-More on Dark Bramble
-Tower of Quantum Knowledge (you were close)
-Eye Shrine on Ember Twin
-Interloper core (you were almost there)
-Getting to the core of Giant's Deep (you were also close with this)
-The Nomai Mines (Nomines) on Timber Hearth
-The Quantum Caves on Ember Twin
-Getting to the Ash Twin Project on Ash Twin
-Finishing what is on the Quantum Moon (this is not an endgame place, just FYI, but the information there is something you may not be able to get to until you know all of the Quantum rules the game is trying to teach you)

You don't need to worry about hitting the Endgame, you basically have to explore more areas in the game before you can get an idea of how you get to the endgame, it's not something you can really just stumble on.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

It’s not easy to find, especially since that moon has an irregular rotation

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

The Quantum Cave is a bastard but once you realize what the deal is, it’s not that bad

I think technically you don’t even have to go in that way if you find the cave shard in one of the other caves

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Dark Bramble is a rough part of this game

The rest of the planets are much more forgiving but the anglerfish are such a huge pain and require constant attention

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Was there any important information in Solanums shuttle? You kinda ran off and left that hanging before trying to figure out dark bramble.

Also, I think bthe point is to find that one seed with all of the nomai corpses and shoot a probe into it to find the duplicate signal, like you did to find Feldspar.
They had found Solanum's shuttle previously after pulling it off the Quantum Moon with one of the gravity cannons. The only thing on there is a log which they did read.

and yes remember that the Escape Pod survivors were searching for the Vessel's signal and found something that duplicated the signal, but you can still use that to help you get to the vessel.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Ending spoilers

i did find it sad that the Hearthians get to go out into space and are immediately wiped out by the end of the universe. Then again, the whole reveal that the Interloper containing some kind of foreign object that exploded and released ghost matter all over the solar system killed off the Nomai that were living there was also sad. But the game’s themes of science, exploration, and building on the past are all good even if it’s kind of bittersweet.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Wasn’t the Nomai Statue on Timber Hearth from Giant’s Deep? Specifically the statue island?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

The Nomai power their vessels the same way that the Romulans from Star Trek do, with artificial singularities

Although the Nomai's method of space travel is more like space folding tech, because it's instantaneous

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I believe you basically get stuck there like Solanum was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I will take anything over Dark Bramble