Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

Ooh, how fun! I just recently played through this have, so it'll be great to see it through fresh eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

There's so little to say that doesn't risk being a spoiler.

I had forgotten how hard it was to get used to the flying controls. It's interesting seeing that again. Also, I was much further in the game before I learned there was an autopilot.

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

pedrovay2003 posted:

The autopilot is the only reason I can get anywhere once I'm in the air, so I'm glad I noticed it early on. Holy crap, you have my respect for making it far into the game without using it.

I'm pretty sure you're already better at landing than I ever got to be. Beyond that I agree that you develop skills faster than you'd imagine.

The autopilot is still useful though. So many times I missed a flyby and decided it was faster to remove my spacesuit and hop out the airlock than to make another try. All could have been avoided with the autopilot.

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

I had never explored inside the geyser. Clever. Also good work figuring out the warping and noting the times.

Even with the warping, Brittle Hollow freaks me out. But that's partly because of how I did some things there. More when you've found better solutions than I ever did.

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

You're definitely better at landing than I am. I quickly adopted the philosophy that I only need to last 22 minutes and repairs are easy, so just do a controlled crash.

Also, good work on the tower. It look me forever to realize I could explore inside that tornado by hopping outside the atmosphere.

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

Boksi posted:

Also the initial way you got into the hanging city wasn't quite the intended way( and no, I'm not telling you what the intended way was), though there's no such thing as a 'wrong' way so long as it gets you to where you want to be.

Heh. I've got a tale for later about some shenanigans I pulled to get to a place. In retrospect I think I know how you're supposed to do it, but I found an interesting alternate.

pedrovay2003 posted:

No problem! I'll theorize here, since we're recording about three episodes at a time, and I'd probably be a bit behind if I waited to talk about it in an episode.

Personally, my mindset is currently that we're descendants of (or somehow otherwise related to) the Nomai, although I can't say how important that is overall. I also think that the Nomai were aware of the sun getting to the point that it was going to take out the galaxy, and they were looking into incorporating the warp technology that they were developing into traveling back in time to prevent disaster; they more than likely got this idea from their observation of unintentionally going back in time a hundred thousandth of a second when they were first getting the warping up and running. I think that we're caught in a timeloop that was possibly created intentionally by the Nomai for the express purpose of giving someone the chance to save life as we know it. That being said, where are the Nomai now? What happened to them? Did they get taken out by the sun but for some reason weren't rewound? Did they leave the galaxy entirely to avoid their own extinction?

I'm not sure what to make of the mysterious signal that brought the Nomai to the galaxy, either, I haven't come up with any theories there yet. That's the thing that's intriguing me the most (and I expect that's also going to be the crux of the story).

I can confirm or deny nothing.

But I'd love the both of you to continue speculating.

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

Now I'm jealous I never did a slingshot. And too bad you didn't fall in at the end. You'd be a little further away from the exploding sun.

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

You're starting to adopt my eh-it's-good-enough controlled crash style of landing. This pleases me.

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

Fedule posted:

Any landing you can walk away from right?

And with the time loop, that's extremely easy to do!

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

Several thoughts:

Bummer about the footage, but good recovery.

Good work on getting to the quantum moon. I tried it before learning the camera trick. I could navigate there fine, but, well, maybe you should try it with no camera and see. If you look at different planets on first launching you can often find it.

Your non-autopilot flying is like mine. You crash into the sun less often without it, but you have hard landings more often.

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

Very impressive platforming through the cacti. You figured out the intended solution, but as you saw you can sometimes bypass those and do things another way.

And your reactions to the purpose of the sun station matched mine. I think I figured out the plan before getting there, but was horrified that they planned to blow up the sun.

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

Right, I'm now annoyed that I never saw that stuff on lava moon. I even looked around on purpose!

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

I never tried jumping down from the jellyfish. Weird that it took you out of the bramble. I wonder if you could get in from there. I might have to try.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

I can finally share my story of solving a puzzle an unintended way!

So, I took a long time to figure out the Ash Twin teleporters, and I knew I needed to visit the black hole forge. The jetpack doesn't have enough oomph to get up the collapsed tunnel or go outside it. But you know what does? The ship. I flew the ship into the interior of Brittle Hollow, somehow got it around the cables for the forge, then went up to the inside of the crust. All while fighting the intense gravity of the black hole. Then I flipped the ship and got it to land on the sticky tile and hopped out.

Then I did like you and jumped without thinking. So I had to do the whole thing all over again. And of course each successful attempt was the result of several tries. When I found out the intended solution, I simultaneously felt sheepish and really accomplished. There was an easier way, but I pulled it off in a really cool manner!