Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

professor metis posted:

They still have the rival love events, so I hope they end up marrying each other! I'm currently feeding Ran and Cliff weeds to make them dislike me because I got their heart levels too high before triggering their base events. I'm assuming that system works the same in this game.

I'm definitely enjoying myself playing this. Although I kind of liked the really cramped inventory + basket system of the original since it made for some complex inventory management, it is nicer to start out with more than three slots.

The only have the first two heart events apparently. :(

Otherwise, I’m really enjoying this game. It’s a really nice remake and I enjoy being able to walk on plants.

I still haven’t managed to dig up that Power Berry that’s under your farm soil though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Sydin posted:

So it's now incredibly easy to cheese the mines because :ssh: you can save everywhere and the ladder to the next level is fixed for the floor you're on even if you load a save, so you can just save as soon as you reach a new level, till around until you find the ladder, then reload and run straight to that spot to progress immediately.

It's pretty cheap but I also remember how much of a crushing slog the mines were in the original FOMT so I feel like I've paid my dues.

That worked in the original as well. In fact, it was the only reasonable way to do it.

And yet you still needed to bring a bag full of Stamina potions...

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Are there still only 2 save slots?

The problem before was that you would sometimes run in to a dead end and would need to restore a save where you were up one level. You'd save only after finding the next ladder but without going down said ladder.

If the next level didn't have another ladder, took too long to find it, or didn't have the rare material you were looking for, it was back to the previous save

Also does this one still have the absolutely stupid scaling for some of the rewards? Like the vacation home costing like 90 years of full farm optimal crop shipping, and the teleport stone requiring the 50 year marriage anniversary, etc?

There’s like 9 slots now. Also every level is guaranteed to have a ladder.

The scaling is stupid but less stupid. The worst one of that the anniversary house is still like 50 years. The teleport stone can be picked up Year 3 though. They lowered the requirements to bless the cursed tools significantly too.

No, what’s really bad is breeding five generations of cows to get 10 heart cows. For four different types of cows.

(The breeding applies to all animals but the pregnancy and growing phases are less painful for other animals, especially coop ones...)

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Oh boy, I'm at the point now where I see what you're talking about.

Do I have to breed, specifically, the newly born cow to progress even further? Or is it just every time I breed a cow, the heart capacity is one higher?

Storebought 5 Heart Cow -> Gives Birth to 6 Heart Baby
- Can I immediately breed the Storebought 5 Heart Cow -> It gives birth to a 7 heart baby?
- Or do I need to wait for the 6 Heart Baby to mature, breed it, -> It gives birth to a 7 heart baby?

With Chickens it seems I just need to toss an egg in the incubator and it produces a +1 baby, even if the ostensible parent was still a chick

I’m not sure. fogu doesn’t have an animal guide up yet and chickens might just work different because I doubt that after the game spawns eggs it keeps track of what chicken the object came with vs with the other animals you’re explicitly making an animal pregnant.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

It’s only an issue in the overseas version and Xseed says that they are working on a patch.

(Also that Japanese version has actually received several updates.)

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Radiation Cow posted:

I don't understand how to get the mine elevator. I've been giving the Harvest Goddess flowers for five seasons now, have received over 4 white flowers from her and still nothing about an elevator? Is there another part to this that I'm missing?

Check your bookshelf. If you have all three time wasting books from the goddess, then the next time you enter a mine where you’ve reached at least level 50, she’ll tell you about it.

Unfortunately it takes like 100 gifts. You’ll unlock Lou before you unlock the elevator.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

https://twitter.com/marvelous_games/status/1291043231409602560?s=21

Mythic Orb issue is fixed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/1321474771473862658?s=21

Next full SoS game has been announced.