Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

Zanzibar Ham posted:

I know we're not up to a vote yet, but I think we may want to research some better OSHA standards before moving back to other fields.

Seconded :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

Gnoman posted:

I'd also point out that Steve has authorized AuroraMod, so you can change the game color scheme if you want to. There's a link on the Aurora forum.

I only caught some of the drama around that. Did he finally realize that the proper technical solution to his objection (I don't wanna get bug reports for mod-caused bugs) is to make checksum of loaded binaries and then check that against official version when reading bugs? It also fixes the problem for weird heisenbugs caused by plain old faulty drives, RAM, etc. :v:

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
Can we combine vote for carriers with vote for short range combat? I want the fighters to fight at closest possible ranges, but the carriers should stay out of trouble. :v:

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

Virtual Russian posted:

++++++++++++ Naval Doctrine Plan plus Colonial Direction ++++++++++++

1. The core fighting element of our battle fleet should consist of?

B. Carriers

2. What should our general tactical doctrine be?

C. With lightning speed we close to short range where our railguns and lasers hit with unforgiving strength.

3. What should our general strategic doctrine be?

C. Raider Actions

----end of naval doctrine---

4. What should our general approach to terraforming be?

C. We should make massive orbital terraforming space stations, which can moved by tugs to terraform both empty and populated worlds.

5. We have a small fleet of unused Sufficients, what task should we set to them.

A. They should aid in the development of our existing colonies.

++++++++++++ End of Docket ++++++++++++

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
I like the idea of Hera, but I think this is a huge problem

Foxfire_ posted:

- Component research: 1900RP total, 500RP for EM sensor, 120RP for the launcher, 1280RP for the engine. The engine in particualr is concerning since it will be immediately obsolete (next engine tier is 1665RP away)

Unless this is a thing that will always happen due to how the mechanics work, spending only little less research points than it takes to go to next engine tier on a design that will become obsolete fairly quickly seems... bad.

So I vote for kobold/wyvern duo to do this colony protection thing on a budget. Who needs operation range :v:

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
b.

We shouldn't run away - if they were outright hostile, they would be shooting already. A is way too aggro.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

Virtual Russian posted:

+++++++ Union of Terra Policy for 2110s +++++++

Industrial Focus
C. Strengthen Sol’s Industry.

Off World Colonies
B. Improvement. Let's go tall.

Military Focus
C. Balanced Approach.

A is likely to be more correct, but I like the narrative of this better. :v:

The Kooken Menace

A. A Very Cold War

Tech Focus

Energy weapons

+++++++End of Policy Docket +++++++

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
Sign me up for being a space pilot, ideally of some fighter ship. There shall be no retirement, only fiery death :black101:

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

EclecticTastes posted:

Okay, it's time to really assess our assorted enemies, to get a feel for what we're dealing with.

I see the pattern. :hmmyes:

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
I want to focus either on carronades or spinal lasers.

I don't know, nor care, how effective they actually are in optimized fleet, I just like them goddamit. :v:

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

Virtual Russian posted:

I'm sorry everyone, this contest is over.

An acceptable result.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

Virtual Russian posted:

+++++++++++ Diplomatic Policy Towards Kooken Pleasure Pit Protectorate +++++++++++

1. Upon the completion of our current pair of battlecruisers the Union of Terra will be in an immensely more secured position. The Kooken’s have been occasionally attacking us, as well as refusing to acknowledge our borders. How should we proceed once the Avalanches are complete?

B. Avenge the Maler: We have been humiliated for the last time, all Kooken vessels are to be destroyed upon sight.

+++++++++++ End of Diplomatic Policy Vote +++++++++++

:black101:

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
I always liked to abuse the "get an enemy's wreck in your territory and salvage it for better techs" mechanics in Stelaris, let's try this here as well!

(I am just joking, Stelaris AI is fundamentally incapable of playing the game at a level where you could ever salvage something useful. The idea is still valid though :v:)

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

Virtual Russian posted:

++++++++ Bonus Vote ++++++++

Do we authorize the Admiralty to conduct operations against the KPPP? Should B and C total more votes than A, but A has still won, we will count the C votes as Bs and conduct an unarmed raid.

C. Conduct a raid, which will include firing on Kooken vessels so as to provoke a small reprisal, from which we can gain a hulk with some luck. This could also give us information on Kooken armor capabilities.

++++++++ End of Bonus Vote ++++++++

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
+1 to ideally recreating the game in 1.12, but if it doesn't work, blaze of glory sounds good too.