Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlitznBurst
Feb 28, 2019

Rudoku posted:

A motherfuckin' rap battle!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

somewhere between the second half of s2 and now i have become totally unmoored and lost all understanding of what is going on in this show. or in the relationships specifically i guess. like the plot is simple enough but the dynamics are all alien to me

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

somewhere between the second half of s2 and now i have become totally unmoored and lost all understanding of what is going on in this show. or in the relationships specifically i guess. like the plot is simple enough but the dynamics are all alien to me

Everyone wants to gently caress the 8man

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i feel like iroha could take him or leave him

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Droyer posted:

Everyone wants to gently caress the 8man
Didn't you see/hear his sick flows and him spitting hot fire? HOT. FIRE.

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007
This week’s episode featuring an absolute zero stone cold 8man :(. I feel a resolution is coming for this “co-dependence” triangle but not the one I hope for, and will be very much open ended.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
if anyone's stoned this week, it's yukino

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Webcormac McCarthy posted:

This week’s episode featuring an absolute zero stone cold 8man :(. I feel a resolution is coming for this “co-dependence” triangle but not the one I hope for, and will be very much open ended.

I refuse to believe this dude spent years to come up with an ending that is bog standard “You’re both my wings” harem poo poo.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Nice Boat ending incoming

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I love Gahamama and her VA rules really hard. :kimchi:

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
also has an incredible pout

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
In a story setting like Oregairu, I did not expect Mrs. Yuigahama to have so high a power level. Like I've read the novels and the fact that she became that much more powerful with these relatively minor-key but well-placed appearances + an extremely good casting choice was a pleasant surprise (especially given how quickly previous seasons just went through material like crazy).

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
New episode spoiler Yuigahama got robbed, she a hikki worked so well together it sucks to see him end up with Yukinoshita, but that was such a good scene I can’t be mad at it.

drat this show making me feel things!

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
tangential spoilers: akinosora, famed for his hikki x yui h-doujins, starting up a sfw vanilla romcom with a very familiar character design at around the same time as the release for the final volume of the oregairu LN is both really admirable to me (I mean... get on that dude's level) and honestly the funniest thing related to the resolution outlined in this episode.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

So why exactly do they have to disband the club? I lost that plot thread somewhere.

Also Hachiman is a stone cold heart breaker.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Ethiser posted:

So why exactly do they have to disband the club? I lost that plot thread somewhere.
it's because it's up to yukino. yukino used the service club as an act of noblesse oblige (in actuality it was a mask for her inferiority complex), but hachiman kept solving a lot of the problems brought forth to the club through his unconventional methods. over time, yukino's (assumed) overreliance on hachiman's solutions started to make her feel like a burden to him.

at the beginning of the series, shizuka-sensei set up a contest between hachiman and yukino (and eventually yui) on who could solve the most problems, with the prize being to make the other person do what they want. fast forward to the prom proposal where hachiman and yukino used this task to finally settle this contest, winner take all. hachiman created a dummy/fake prom proposal that would be unappealing enough that the pto would instead choose yukino's plan, thereby not interfering with her. yukino, however, argued that it was only semantics and that she relied on him once again for a solution. yukino wants to award hachiman the victory, but hachiman gives her the win since it was her plan that went through. with prize in hand, yukino tells hachiman that a relationship where she just relies on him all the time is only a burden and not genuine, thus she has to end it by ending the club; in addition, she makes a request for him to grant yui's wish.

also, shizuka-sensei is leaving the school soon and that's a factor into not keeping the club going without her as advisor

BlitznBurst
Feb 28, 2019

Fantastic episode, hopefully 12 ends with Hachiman and Yukino inviting Yui to join them for the wholesome threesome end.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
on the basis of having komachi and iroha meet at last, 10/10 finale

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Coaaab posted:

on the basis of having komachi and iroha meet at last, 10/10 finale

For real, Komachi calling her trashy like her brother was pure gold.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i watched it its over

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Hard to put my finger on why, but I bounced off this season despite really liking the prior ones. Just couldn't feel invested in it.

BlitznBurst
Feb 28, 2019

Komachi just strolls into Sobu High, immediately starts roasting Iroha and then commandeers the service club for herself. What a chad.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Paracelsus posted:

Hard to put my finger on why, but I bounced off this season despite really liking the prior ones. Just couldn't feel invested in it.
I have several: For one, I had already read the novels to its conclusion last year (basically a christmas gift from my daughter :3:); additionally, while I really like all the VA's and the work studio Feel did on the second season, five years did go through said season and this one. In 5 years a lot can change as far as your tastes.

In retrospect, I still feel like this season is the one that didn't completely go full hog through the source material at the pace that previous seasons did (both Season 1 and 2 blazed through 6 and 5 volumes, respectively) and was better off for doing so. And even then, I kinda just... forgot to post about my thoughts on the series. Because again, while I love the work of the anime cast and crew, well, it's been close to a year since I read the ending for this.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

i think part of the problem is the material itself honestly. 8man is at this point proven to be A) a man of action and B) adept at reading social cues. He absolutely knows what the score is and has since the season 2 finale, so the fact that he spends time just sort of milling around and not being direct with things, especially after his plea for something genuine and ESPECIALLY after his failure last season almost leading to everyone going their own way...makes no sense that he would just give up and let it actually happen rather than fight for it, to me. it would be one thing if he only knew yui was interested in him, but he's well aware they both are and that's the biggest issue imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Got this in my recommendations after watching Watamote and was able to blitz through the whole thing over reading week. I think what got me hooked was Hikki's insistence in getting stuff done by always taking on the role of the bad guy, because even if he didn't mind it's not healthy and it was hurting the people who cared about him. S2 was probably my favorite because of how they seemed to really lean into that aspect and how he had to come to terms with it. I also liked the change in animation quality with the new studio in S2, but I'm guessing they couldn't do as much mocap stuff with COVID for the final season.

It might just be because the last couple shows I've watched didn't have a real ending, but I felt that it really stuck its landing and was happy with how it turned out. I liked all the characters that could have been potential love interests for Hachiman (it felt like it could have gone any way, I even thought it was possible he'd end up with Ebina somehow after their conversation), and I really enjoyed how the end of episode 11 played out. Everything after that was just adorable.

And drat Iroha's the best worst girl. Nothin' illegal about fancying a taken man, am I right girls.

God drat.