Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
I just want Yui to be happy. Especially after rewatching the first two seasons. She's just so earnest and sweet and Hachiman dismissing the kindness as pity and her as a "nice girl" early on is devastatingly real, entirely understandable, and totally unfair.

I like this show.

Unironically give us the poly end though.

e: Also re-watching gave me a whole new appreciation of the studio swap after S1. Even aside from general look and feel, the character animation is so much better in S2 and they convey so much with it.

S3 ep4 spoilers: You know how people always joke about death flags? You know like "When we get back from the war, I'll propose to her"? I felt that hard with Yui talking about wanting to be a wife and inviting Hikki over to bake a cake. definitely had to pause this one for a sec towards the end. sorry yui, your greatest flaw is that you aren't the least bit selfish.

Solanumai fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Aug 1, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
It was my favorite. He is adorable.

I liked how Yui didn't understand it at all, but tacitly approved of him being cute about it.