Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ass-penny

magic cactus posted:

trashed crew is a state of mind
:cheers:

:cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass-penny

Pahilla the Hun posted:

yeah also if people want to make some art to represent their trashedness, i think that would be splendid--i know i have seen some nice looking things out there

Funny you mention it. Here's a print I made in my undergraduate studies, probably around 2008. I was a very drunk student.

Sorry for the shadow I'm casting, couldn't quite figure out a better way to take this.

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Ass-penny

Manifisto posted:

I have cracked open the watermelon wheat I bought today ("Hell or High Watermelon Wheat" from 21st Amendment brewery), raising my glass in a toast to Doctor Dogballs' birthday

it's light, refreshing, very summery. the watermelon flavor is mostly in the aftertaste, it shines through for just a moment, not particularly sweet but distinctive.

Can confirm this is a very refreshing summer beer.

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Ass-penny

more falafel please posted:

i like crappy yellow American lager and I also like homebrewing, so, I says to myself I says, why not make my own crappy yellow american lager?

anyway here's Beer:30, the beer to drink when it's half past Beer O'Clock

This is funny to me, because there's this hella terrible beer called Beer Thirty. I haven't seen it in a while but I usually stop when I get to the High Life or Hamm's. I'm drankin vodka waters until this bottle goes down.

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

hittin the sauce and gettin juiced over here

This dude gets it.

Also dang y'all need to treat your enchiladas with respect. I always buy my enchiladas a couple drinks before I juice them.

Ass-penny

Pahilla the Hun posted:

this is what trashed crew is all about : respect

trashed crew, and Grand Theft Auto II

Trashed crew, Grand Theft Auto II, and you :pcgaming:

Ass-penny

blowin fat trees and watching Deon Cole :whatup:

Ass-penny

Stooge posted:

it's warm today so im hitting the Pimm's. shame you guys left the empire cos you could be enjoying a Pimm's rn.

What, pray tell, is a Pimm's?

Ass-penny

Stooge posted:

Glad you asked, rear end-penny!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pimm%27s

Apparently you can get it in the US. It's good if you're chilling out in the garden/in the sun.

There was an American at uni who bought shots and turned up with a tray of straight Pimm's. Don't do that.

I should hit up one of the nicer liquor stores and see if we have it locally. Thanks for the tip!

And I'm drinkin y'all.

Ass-penny

prepuce repurposed posted:

we all know that weed noise. It's like pfffffffffffwssss

Ohhhhhhh yeah. I live in the weed noise.

Also, I know it's been there for like a week but that summer trashed crew sig is UNSANE!!!

Ass-penny

What kind of jam are they? Also the sun has come up and in going to bed but I'll be trashed with y'all later fashow.

Ass-penny

Gonna have to check that out. I like noisey stuff.

Ass-penny

Unsane is pretty good, can confirm.

Ass-penny

Barking Gecko posted:

Please go right ahead. I made it to share.

If it is for sharing, it is something I wouldn't mind rocking too. I've been a goon for 12 years officially and never had a sig.

Barking Gecko posted:

If we don't have a bartender, we'll just have to byob.

This reminds me of the mid to late aughts. I used to go to shows at a local punk venue. They never started on time, had pay what you can at the door, money always went to touring bands, you could smoke inside, and bring anything you want inside. Like, I probably saw four or five shows there before I realised they had a bar to sell to people who were too young presumably, or just hadn't made it to a store before close. Anyway, that's my story about drinking lukewarm Hamm's out of a backpack and watching noise and grindcore bands.

Bout to pour up my first drink of the night. :cheers: friends.

Ass-penny

Did you go to a lot of illegal venues too? I used to know like four or five houses or other spaces to see live music that weren't like bars or clubs. I love house shows. I don't know if all of those houses ultimately stopped having shows or if I just don't hear about gigs at em anymore. I know Medusa (the venue I mentioned in the last post, and it was not a house so much as an abandoned mechanics garage) ended up being sold. The kids that lived there were told with some notice so they could figure out a new situation. I miss that place even if it was dirty and smelly and there was always broken glass on the ground.

Ass-penny

Pahilla the Hun posted:

house shows were the best, we had a place called The Spaghetti House that everyone played at

Good name. I think the best name for a punk house I saw was gently caress Mountain. I only saw one show there, but it was great, and the show was early as advertised. I ended up talking to one of the people who lived there and it was part of the agreement with the neighbors. If music was done by 10 they wouldn't start poo poo.

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

I only went to house shows as an adult. I still remember one I went to in Portland. Despite appearances everyone was really chill and friendly and it was a great show.

In my experience most people who will play houses/let bands play in their houses and invite strangers are pretty chill folk. I've met some real characters. I've even been told I can live in this house for a mere 60 US dollars a month. Met a dude who gave me his bands 7" for free, I asked him what they were called, it didn't say it on the sleeve, he said "Fairy," I asked if it was spelled "Fairy" or "Færy" and he couldn't tell me.

Pahilla the Hun posted:

did you ever open your grinder upside down? oops, all kief

Ass-penny

I would definitely see a band called rear end Cabbage.

Ass-penny

I am what GRINDCORE MEGGIDO would call "wankered"

Ass-penny

Pahilla the Hun posted:

TRAAASHHHHHEEEEDDDD CREEEWWWW

what is up with you? drinkin? stinkin? slinkin? bobbin? weavin?

Just phone browsing the forums a bit before I go to work here. How are you today Pahilla?
Also lol Pahilla is already in my phone's predicted text.

Ass-penny

A wise man once said"you've got to deal with the poo poo in order to be the poo poo."

Ass-penny

Pahilla the Hun posted:

this straight up reminds me of a '90s rodney mullen vhs i used to watch while getting baked

Rodney Mullen is the poo poo. I heard it in a Professor Brothers animation circa probably 2007 or something. I was way into professor brothers.

Ass-penny

Take me out: I'm trashed.

Ass-penny

Drinking vodka, listening to Ann Peebles, banging my head against Enter the Gungeon some more.

Ass-penny

Pahilla the Hun posted:

i forgot how i got to bed last night

Hell, same.

Ass-penny

All I did today was now the lawn and go to the liquor store. I've got pasta on the stove, a beer beside me, replaying the first of the Tomb Raider reboot. Should be a pretty ok end to my night off.

Ass-penny

Where you moving to?

Also, I took this picture yesterday, but Sweetleaf is snuggling me again and reminded me to post this.

The code is loving with me because I'm phone posting. Maybe this link'll work.
http://imgur.com/a/uhTm10p

Ass-penny

currently trashing

Reporting in for trashing duty. This whiskey isn't going to slam itself.

Ass-penny

Y'all what if we don't make drinks, what if the drinks make us :aaaaa:

Ass-penny

I decided to buy some locally distilled whiskey, it is pretty good. Glad to be drinking again, and coming up on my days off for the week.

Ass-penny

ur sig is looking correct. Mmmm. U been working out or what

also I love it when folks say "I been drinking again". That's just good ppl :rubshands:

working out my "bring a glass to my mouth" muscles.

Senator Drinksalot posted:

I turned off Deadwood and im listening to Creedence Clearwater Revival. Anyone else like that band?

Yeah man CCR is the poo poo.

Ass-penny

P-funk is also the poo poo. Hella jelly you got to meet George Clinton!

Ass-penny

That's better than signed stuff in my opinion. Admittedly I tend to be at shows from smaller bands than say, Parliament. But I feel like even more so when you're a big name like that people just want to say they saw you and people who are really there for the music matter.
A lot of times my entire interaction with a musician off stage consists of me walking by them while they buy a drink or load gear out of the venue, and me leaning in and saying "good set tonight," and just keep moving, sometimes it really seems like it makes a difference to them.

Ass-penny

I mean when you put it like that it does seem preposterous.

Ass-penny

Drinkin an smokin.
That Wild Turkey 101 y'all.

Ass-penny

more falafel please posted:

think I'm gonna have some whiskey, I haven't had whiskey in a while

e: got some maker's

Oh poo poo, someone got that fancy whiskey. I was eyeing up a bottle of Maker's cask strength but just didn't have the paper for it.

Ass-penny

Drankin boilermakers, chuffing down reefers, watching that second season of Umbrella Academy, I think it's p good.

Ass-penny

Referencing my gang tag and also probably Trailer Park Boys: Only Trust Your Liquor

Ass-penny

Hell yeah. If only I could day drink today, work is dumb, and should be hated.

Ass-penny

I've been drinkin with you all in spirit for a coupple days. I'm back, I'm loaded. listening to wu tang with my roommate at... four forty six in the morning. A friend linked me a 5th ed D&D monk subclass based on the Wu. poo poo was dope.
Love you friends.

Ass-penny

Ok fellas, took a trashed nap on the couch in the living room, woke up on this, my blessed day off. I'm thinking I should open the laptop, pay my bills for the month, but first a lil check in the YOB and y'all, sorry but this conversation making me think of these songs.

Pahilla the Hun posted:

REPORTING FOR SHOOTERS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm65PCbUMZI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzIboq1qEa8

Thanks for joining us Trashed Crew, probably start drinkin once I get a few things done around here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass-penny

don't forget to stock up on food beforehand. I always make that mistake and then I can't drive b/c I'm having a very "on drugs" style weed experience :birddrugs:

For real, I went camping about five years ago to save on hotel expenses for a friends wedding near International Falls, MN. If my friend who shared the site with me hadn't brought food I probably would have died.

I have been camping since then but it's still probably been about two years. Thinking about it is making me miss it, dang.

I could barely eat this afternoon when I woke up, been sipping Coke, playing a pen and paper RPG with the roomies. Just put on some water to boil for pasta, hopefully the tum accepts this offering, then I can drink the rest of this vodka. That's the plan.