Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

more falafel please

forums poster

i like crappy yellow American lager and I also like homebrewing, so, I says to myself I says, why not make my own crappy yellow american lager?

anyway here's Beer:30, the beer to drink when it's half past Beer O'Clock

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

more falafel please

forums poster

Manifisto posted:

it looks nice, how much is it like having sex in a canoe?

it's definitely good for some summer boating

more falafel please

forums poster

got Slightly High which is my preferred amount high and now doing some drinks, whats up TC

more falafel please

forums poster

been drinking!

more falafel please

forums poster

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

bold and brashed, on liquor arnold palmers

I believe that's called a John Daly

more falafel please

forums poster

just went grocery shopping for the first time in over a month and got some summer beers

just finished an Oberon and feeling pretty great

more falafel please

forums poster

might be kinda trashed byob

more falafel please

forums poster

other than the fact that the owner is an rear end in a top hat, my favorite bar ever is this shithole called The Mutiny and I spent like most of my 20s there

the first time I went there was within 2 weeks of turning 21, and my friend said we were gonna go to a pirate bar. I don't know why anyone would think the mutiny is a pirate bar but ok.

the mutiny would book bands most nights but they didn't (and couldn't, legally) pay them so they just got drink tickets. everyone in the band got 2 drink tickets and they were good for any drink. the mutiny was known for serving liter mugs of lovely beer, but they'd put anything you want in the liter mug, so more than once I saw guys in bands getting liter mugs of like, gin and tonic, and the bartenders didn't give a poo poo because the lovely racist owner didn't keep inventory, so if they pour an extra couple bottles of well gin than they charged for, literally no one would ever know

anyway the first time I was there I saw a band called rear end Cabbage play their final show. my favorite song of theirs was "hey Alex your loving pizza's here, get your loving pizza rear end in a top hat" which was an improvisational track

anyway after rear end Cabbage's final show, one guy left the stage and another guy got on the stage, and that was the next band. I then spent a lot of time at that stupid bar for the next ten years

more falafel please

forums poster

I drink water out of the liter super mugs now because I stole several of them during one of the many times that I was afraid they were gonna close

they did eventually close because the owner was out of money (jack binion at the horseshoe Hammond has most of it) and as he says it's impossible to have a bar in chicago anymore. two of the most successful bars in the city are within literal shouting distance from his bar but he's basically "what if Donald trump didn't have money" so

they reopened as a "private club" which means they're not technically a bar and technically don't have to follow any laws for bars or other places that are open to the public. I have no idea what happened to them during covid, it's entirely possible they just never closed

more falafel please

forums poster

rode to give my friend a bike we got fixed up (they needed a bike) and drink a couple outside social distance beers

more falafel please

forums poster

ended up drinking a bunch of social distance beers with my friend and then walked two miles home because I wasn't about to get on the bus. but that was a nice opportunity to catch up on some podcasts and get in a nice evening walk so it all works out :)

more falafel please

forums poster

hey in like an hour someone tell me to go to bed ok

more falafel please

forums poster

having a beer after a run and i'm probably gonna get mildly drunk with my homebrew club over zoom in a little bit after some dinner

more falafel please

forums poster

Manifisto posted:

lol

but srs for those who have not had the pleasure

if you are in a "17 year locust" location or the like (they are not locusts, they are cicadas) and you live through a brood year boy howdy

there are just so many of the fuckers

and they don't fly well, they will just crash into you, no apology, no regrets

so, so many, destined to die. salute them, but don't feel to bad because there is literally nothing you can do to turn them away from their death lust

yeah I've been around for two cycles of the 17 year cicadas and we should have another one in like 4 years. we pretty much always get some cicadas in the hot months of summer, July and August basically

more falafel please

forums poster

hey

hey

hey

cmere

ok

hold
hold on

ok so I been drinkin

more falafel please

forums poster

drinking an oberon before noon ama

more falafel please

forums poster

Thunder Moose posted:

I moved into an 2nd story apartment so my coil chiller lacks a hose for proper use. :smith:

you can probably find an adapter for your kitchen sink faucet, unless you've got a weird kitchen sink faucet

more falafel please

forums poster

I had one beer (lakefront brewing's eastside dark lager) and I'm basically falling asleep. before midnight too!

more falafel please

forums poster

Barking Gecko posted:

Gonna get trashed man 'til I can't even post
Gonna get trashed man listen to me
One post ain't enough, Jack you better make it three
I want to get trashed I'm gonna make it real clear
I want one welcome, one hello and one chat
One welcome, one hello, one chat

Lurkers must get Trashed

more falafel please

forums poster

I'm gonna see if my Munich helles has dropped clear yet. last night it was milky as hell but slowly dropped crystal clear in the glass

more falafel please

forums poster

helles yeah, helles is clear

more falafel please

forums poster

prepuce repurposed posted:

Show us a pint mate

more falafel please

forums poster

anyhoo, how's ur weather trashed crew. I've got silent heat lightning in my neck of the woods

*wears a smock that says Ask Me About Heat Lightning* in case u have no idear what I'm talkin bout

it was in the 80s today and kinda humid but now it's in the 70s. pretty decent summer night. there was maybe gonna be rain but it looks like not tonight

more falafel please

forums poster

I'm drinking this

which I thought was just regular duvel in cans, but it's lower ABV (6.8) and a little lighter carbonation. still pretty nice though

more falafel please

forums poster

think I'm gonna have some whiskey, I haven't had whiskey in a while

e: got some maker's

more falafel please fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Jul 31, 2020

more falafel please

forums poster

i saw the who once a few years ago, the show had been postponed because of roger's vocal cords, and i think he took it a bit easy, but they did play love reign o'er me and he loving killed it

it was weird because we were in a basketball/hockey stadium indoors and you're not allowed to smoke and they even had a bunch of requests to please not smoke because smoky environments are really bad for roger daltrey, you know, the guy you want to see sing, and then there were a bunch of people my parents' age smoking weed and i felt like a 30 year old narc. like hey come on man could you put that out? you couldn't get lit before the show?

more falafel please

forums poster

i'm posting from a new laptop and my sig is hosed up! sorry if my sig has been hosed up i might need to resize some things

more falafel please

forums poster

triple post we went to see our friends and had masked up times on their porch which was really nice. but i drank several beers and i had one after i got home and now im gonna have another one and bust out some laphroiag to give myself an irl sixer

more falafel please

forums poster

I'm riding that TC vibe between wine and sleep. Gimme ur summertime jams TC

carly rae jepsen's seminal 2015 album emotion aka the best pop album of the last decade

more falafel please

forums poster

it's not super "summer jam" but i've been listening to the new pheobe bridgers record a lot too. more like "honest emotionally vulnerable folk-ish music that doesn't try to hide how influenced by elliot smith it is"

more falafel please

forums poster

Brute Squad posted:

ever since i saw a pic of a cursed four poster tub, i couldn't get this fun old summer jam out of my head. sugar ray just gets me in a summer mood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cqU1pFRqYE

ok so this is a story you gotta stick with me

the local "alternative" radio station in chicago is Q101 and it has been since the early 90s except for a weird period in the early teens. that's not relevant

they sold t-shirts for Q101 on their website in like 1998 when websites were new. they called the shirts "alternative skin" becuase it was the 90s and that's just the sort of thing we thought was ok. they also did commercials for their tshirts where theyd redub the vocals of a song to be about how you should buy a q101 tshirt

20 something years later i still remember without trying

Every morning i wake up with a hangover and I fall out of my girlfriend's bed <comical falling out of a bed noise>
I put some pants on and i go into the bathroom and i think these thoughts inside my head
I need a shirt <teeth brushing noise>
One that's not covered in dirt <teeth brushing noise>
Some alternative skin from q101 probably wouldn't hurt

more falafel please

forums poster

Chewbecca posted:

It's 4:30pm on a Sunday, I work from home, should I partake trashed crew?

partake partake

*stomping and causing a ruckus*

PAR-TAKE PAR-TAKE

more falafel please

forums poster

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Dang ‘Alabama Jubilee’ but trashed crew would be a good song but the chords are complicated!

You oughta see that ole nut
With a big fat beer gut
Pahilla the hun, boy they’re havin some fun
More falafel please, down sloshed on their knees
Ole PSP drunk and stoned as a bone!
Saying drink up drink up,
Gotta empty your cup!
Godspeed to John Glenn,
Drinking wine like a sin
Barking gecko gettin’ mighty wrecked-O
Oh honey hail, hail, the gang’s all here
For a trashed crew jubilee!

:banjo:

more falafel please

forums poster

had a post-run shower beer but I'm probably gonna take it easy tonight

more falafel please

forums poster

i noticed that seltzer cans always say where the seltz was "brewed". I don't get this. how do u brew fizzy vodka water or w/e

it's possible laws have changed and it always depended on state/local liquor laws, but for a long time anyway, you couldn't sell "mixed drinks" in the same aisle as beer. so in order for Smirnoff ice etc to be sold in the same aisle/cases as beer, they had to be "malt beverages", so effectively just beer made out of mostly sugar/corn/rice instead of barely malt, and then flavored. I was always under the impression that hard seltzers were the same, but maybe not any more. idk but it's very possible that at least some of them are fermented and then flavored instead of just adding grain neutral spirit to a flavored seltzer base

more falafel please

forums poster

drank some beers and also a cocktail that was mezcal and whiskey with bitters, so literally all booze. whatup tc

more falafel please

forums poster

sup fool. I'm interested in brewing. I've been wondering how 2 get a brewery job

:thunk:

i have no idea, brewing is just a hobby for me, i don't have any desire to do it for a job. i think SweetWillyRollbar is a professional brewer though

it's kinda like cooking, i like cooking but working at/owning a restaurant sounds like hell

more falafel please

forums poster

if you wanna start homebrewing i can definitely give you some pointers. i don't know if homebrewing really helps you get a brewery job but it aint gonna hurt and you do get beer out of it

more falafel please

forums poster

i took the day off yesterday but yall know i'm trashed crew for life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

more falafel please

forums poster

you know you're in trashed crew when you see the spotted cow