Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Just got my tix for Omaha. Splurged on VIP since I'm only able to make it to that and Chicago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
Going to Chicago, Detroit, Cleveland, Newport. Gonna be so much fun

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

i am a moron posted:

Going to Chicago, Detroit, Cleveland, Newport. Gonna be so much fun

so jealous of that Detroit acoustic show!

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
Still bummed I only got N3 of the caverns so I’m making up for it, I didn’t want an acoustic set until I got obsessed with Brisbane ‘21.

The non Chicago shows are decently proximate but I’m inching closer to 40 so hopefully that weekend doesn’t literally kill me

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Fitzy Fitz posted:

The code is spacesick

thank you! tix secured to first gizz show

$20 in fees though gd i hate ticketmaster

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Detroit acoustic and Chicago marathon for me. Should be a good autumn.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Seeing the boys in Atlanta and Asheville!!!

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009
Seeing a perfectly normal number of shows next year I promise

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Finally getting around to listening to the extended version of Silver Cord and I like it waaay more. Definitely less my poo poo than PDA but every song vibes way better with a ton of time to breathe

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Fitzy Fitz posted:

The code is spacesick

Thank you! Got a ticket to the Toronto show, pretty far back in the venue but that's fine, and yeah gently caress ticketmaster

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

obliriovrons posted:

Seeing a perfectly normal number of shows next year I promise

:hmmyes:

Killingyouguy! posted:

Thank you! Got a ticket to the Toronto show, pretty far back in the venue but that's fine, and yeah gently caress ticketmaster

My AXS fees were even worse I think. Must be nice for these lovely middlemen

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Portland peeps, Edgefield show pre-sale is Thurs @ 10am. Code is Monqui.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
The Silver Cord is great when there isn’t any rapping, but when there is rapping I can’t stop thinking about this parody:

https://youtu.be/UaeCpAmoSeY?si=Dy4iHDo5ewMv9tLm

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Hell yeah, finally got my Red Rocks box

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

I emailed Needlejuice asking for my tracking info and they were just like ‘lol it’s cool we’re shipping it out soon promise’

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Enos Cabell posted:

Hell yeah, finally got my Red Rocks box

You posted this in poo poo posting group so now I know who you are irl.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

T Bowl posted:

You posted this in poo poo posting group so now I know who you are irl.

I am undone

MR.B
Mar 15, 2007

I am the Owl
Managed to get tickets for the Bristol gig. I can't wait, going to be my first time seeing them.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
The opening of Swan Song sounds like a NIN song and I’m struggling to place it.

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009

Wildtortilla posted:

The opening of Swan Song sounds like a NIN song and I’m struggling to place it.

Copy of a

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Well that explains it. I’ve been going through the early albums looking for it.

I always forget about Copy of a, which is embarrassing because that song is real good.

Thanks!

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009
I was fortunately able to figure it out relatively easily after hearing the song for the first time, which is good because it's the kind of thing that would have really grated on me until I solved it

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Alright, listened to it a bunch. It's pretty okay I guess. Awesome sound pallet but the rapping is getting old and feels sometimes like a parody rather than a homage, and some of the extended cuts feel kinda like stretched out outros tacked onto the shorter versions rather than fleshing out the song into something more satisfying. Definitely going to toss some of these extended cuts into a playlist but that's about it. But... The project is still really cool. It sounds great, I like that it's the shortest and also longest KGLW album, and I like how much it's tied to PDA. It's a very Gizzardy project.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Just be aware that to normal people Ambrose rap truthers sound like they're wearing socks and sandals while holding a rap=crap sign.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Their "rapping" is bad and they should stop doing it, that OP is correct

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009
What's more cringe, the dorky rapping or putting "rap" in "quotes" the several different times you complain about it in the thread

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Gilgamesh is probably the best song on the album.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I enjoy the rapping bits on TSC. :shrug:

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Gilgamesh is good in spite of the rapping, Set is okay but also the worst track on TSC, and the two rap tracks on Omnium Gatherum I skip 100% of the time. :shrug:

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

I think Sadie Sorceress is a really good track. The rapping in TSC, sometimes, however makes the songs feel like a cheesy parody of eurodance.

Power Walrus
Dec 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
I like Ambrose’s rap as a little treat. I don’t want it occurring with the same frequency as Stu’s “WOO,” which I never tire of.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

obliriovrons posted:

What's more cringe, the dorky rapping or putting "rap" in "quotes" the several different times you complain about it in the thread

Your posts, hth

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
It's not hip-hop, but it is rapping.

It reminds me of people saying the guitar solo in Smells Like Teen Spirit is not a real guitar solo. Sure, it's not impressive, but it is still a solo.

I don't think in either case anyone in their right mind would say "Oh you think you've heard good rapping/guitar solos? Well check THIS out"

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Ambrose rap is basically this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0BIazf-7j4

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
got some Milwaukee tickets, still only know a little bit of this band's catalogue but I did find Polygondwanaland at a shop recently and holy cow that may be my favorite one yet

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I'm going to the Chicago show and am going to spend far too many ducats on their merch :getin:

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

JAMOOOL posted:

got some Milwaukee tickets, still only know a little bit of this band's catalogue but I did find Polygondwanaland at a shop recently and holy cow that may be my favorite one yet

Go check our Flying Microtonal Banana if you haven't already

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Had Nonagon Infinity on headphones while out for a walk today and had to download a new media player as Aimp stupidly doesn't do gapless playback.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Hate it when my gf steals my fave shirts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
So Spotify tells me I listened to 51,000 minutes of music in the past year and almost 10,000 of them was King Gizz.

I’m curious what others here listen to, here’s my over view…
Top Artists
1 King Gizzard
2 Khruangbin
3 Caspian
4 GameChops
5 TOOL

Top Songs
1 Converge
2 Motor Spirit
3 Witchcraft
4 Supercell
5 Magma

I really wish Spotify opened up stats for users to explore.