Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Sab669 posted:

I've been wanting to do more backpacking / primitive camping this year. But camping alone is depressingly boring :(

Booze, weed, books, camp fires, whittling, masturbation, sketching, exploring around camp, building out camp, meditation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The Blair ведьма Project

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Are they total newbies or do they just need reminded to get out? Do they have a passion you could tap into? Drinking beer around a fire, fishing in spot that's hard to day-trip, etc.

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Arkhamina posted:

Eh, 1 likes fishing, but claims he has camped enough with parents to last a lifetime.
Ask leading questions, maybe unearth some nostalgia

quote:

Another likes poking fires and cooking, but won't hike, doesn't like bugs.
Maybe car camping potential

quote:

Another few claim to suffer from outdoor insomnia - too weirded out by sounds and surroundings to sleep.
Get exhausted from hiking all day

quote:

2 more have a new baby, and others have toddlers.
Family outdoors time, memories of a lifetime, yay

quote:

Another has a legit fubar back and would seize into a solid brick of goon if forced to even air mattress sleep.
Hmmm, might be a no go :(

quote:

So yeah. Frustrating. I am an import to this state, so my bench of friends is only 10 years old. My SO is down to go, but I feel like I am dragging him sometimes as he never initiates camping. I have brought up the food over a fire, beer drinking argument, and had friends point out they can do that in a backyard without driving hour a couple of hours.
I've been guilty of pushing the SO too much, good that you're being sensitive. Friends though, push their asses :jecht: Also make more camping friends

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Took a taxi to the trailhead, nice. Used the lyft app, which drained my phone battery before I noticed, not nice. Silver lining, good to unplug that much more.

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Supposed to get out again for the long weekend. Forecast looking prime.

Sunday
Rain. High near 45. Southeast wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.

Buddy's still stoked so let's go

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Ya even in town, the path is so much quieter when the weather's active

That looks like a dope spot. I made a little tarp thing like that out of tyvek, "ultra light" means ultra pricey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
We had no tarp (no trees there anyway) but it wasn't raining by afternoon post hike chill time. But buddy still just went in his tent, so I did all the drugs by myself :/