Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WHERE MY HAT IS AT
Jan 7, 2011

Bilirubin posted:

My picnic spot this afternoon

Bow Lake, Banff National Park

Gods I love Banff/K-Country.

My campsite at Black Rock Mountain in the Ghost last weekend:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHERE MY HAT IS AT
Jan 7, 2011

Bilirubin posted:

Very nice! I was just hiking south of there today up CMC Valley.

You hear any of the coverage of how random camping is trashing Bighorn? poo poo seems off the hook

Yeah I've heard. Was looking at heading to Abraham Lake but it sounds like it's just mounds of garbage all over the place this summer unfortunately.

The travel ban seems to have really brought out the worst of Alberta's trailer trash campers, groups pulled two huge dumpsters of garbage off the trails at the Ghost and McLean Creek on a couple consecutive weekends.

Content: we did some car camping along the Palliser in BC this weekend, it was absolutely epic. First time out with the RTT and it was a game changer for my wife particularly who has never gotten along with ground tents. 35C but the river was nice and cold so it was manageable.

WHERE MY HAT IS AT
Jan 7, 2011

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Big time agree. This is my second year since getting a roof tent. Yours is very nice, I am considering getting a massive sized roof tent that could fit my whole crew. CVT has one that should fit everyone. The thing holding me back would be the ~$3500 cost for the behemouth.

Yeah we basically just looked at the price as "well we can't do any other travel for the next 12 months anyways". CVT is super popular around here, as is Treeline Outdoors. I sprang for the hardshell just for ease of use but your money certainly goes further with a softshell and some of them are super nice!