Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
some old (not camping, but definitely outdoors) phone shots from Georgia, Kazakhstan, and Kyrgyzstan:

North Ossetia:

The notoriously blue lake outside Almaty (on a very grey day--my condolences to the couple doing their wedding shots):

Stormclouds over Karakol:

Mountain passes outside Karakol:

and from this weekend, actual camera shots trying my hand at astrophotography, with the moon behind lighting up the canyon walls and the distant LA lights lighting up the lower half of the field--a bit too long towards star trails, but serviceable:

a lot of dusk shots (nearly full moon, so I couldn't really do peak night shots) had goddamn Starlink™ bullshit kramering into the lower part off the field, but i got one nice chance green shooting star instead (ironically while trying to get a set of shots for stacking--these are all single-shots that i haven't tried to develop extensively):

daytime was mostly spent cowering away from the sun, napping and reading in a little hoodoo nook that got shade all day, but as much as i was lucky with clear skies on the first evening, i got lucky with some nice cloud cover as the second day closed, allowing me to walk around a bit without instantly melting (i tried at the start of the day before nope-ing out to my shade nook after about 30m of walking under direct sun) and get some nice hazy expanse shots:

and lastly, though the park's brochure wasn't wrong about there being rather limited visible fauna, LIZARD (they used this for the opening desert archaeology shots in Jurassic Park, gotta get at least one dinosaur in):

it camouflage good, but it cannot hide

can't really combine timg and links well, so full album, which i'll hopefully expand/improve past this first pass: https://www.flickr.com/photos/fivre/albums/72157715868376653

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
Eastern Tajikistan has quite a lot of outdoors:

Qtotonibudinibudet fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Jun 5, 2023