Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Cross posting from the climbing thread ages ago, because we're in lockdown here now for another month or so at least and I'm remembering how cool it was to go outside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

ROFLburger posted:

:eyepop: Good lord, where is this?

On Mt Ruapehu, New Zealand's north island. Looking towards Mt Ngauruhoe, which is mount doom from the lord of the rings movies. Only really two large mountains on the north island (Ruapehu and Taranaki) compared to the south island, but better than when I used to live in Sydney at least in terms of access to snow :P

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

This is what I get for lugging a large format film camera up Mt Ruapehu in New Zealand.

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Some more Ruapehu snaps, I took shots with a few different kinds of film at each location to see which worked out best.

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004