Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Third time is a charm right?
Typically my outdoors photos are hiking etc but yesterday I got a once in a lifetime opportunity. My friend is a professional pilot for private jets and does seaplane stuff part time. He said with the downturn in tourism, the boss wanted to get some new marketing shots of the planes for web/social use that they'e been putting off for years. My wife and I just had to act like tourists and be people props for some of the photos. DONE.

We left from just south of Seattle, flying with two planes in formation in order to get shots of the plane in action. At times, we were ten feet from one another. We flew up to the San Juan islands, stopped at Sucia in a hidden beach cove for a few hours, stopped in both Roche and Friday harbors and then flew back during sunset. It was awesome. I was watching for whales, saw a bunch of wildlife on one of the more secluded islands. It was a great time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Crossposted from Hiking/Backpacking thread.

Just got back from 4 days in goat rocks wilderness in Washington (33 miles or so). We started at Lily basin, went to goat lake, camped in cispus basin and wound up in walupt lake via the PCT. Beautiful views of Mt Rainier, Mt Adams, Mt St Helens etc. Great hike.

Fixed the timg tag.

Verman fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Aug 4, 2020

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
That's cool. I've always wondered about that place since learning about it as a kid.

Verman
Jul 4, 2005

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

here's a view of Mt. Adams from the Goat Rocks Wilderness in Washington state

That's beautiful. Where was this taken? Cispus pass?

Verman
Jul 4, 2005

SuicidalSmurf posted:

I was looking for advice on a nice loop hike and ended up doing a loop around Glacier Peak. I cannot fathom how we have so much beauty in WA.

Jesus Christ that's nice.

Verman
Jul 4, 2005

its all nice on rice posted:

Mt Rainier:

Dewey Lake:

On the hike to Dewey Lake:

Nice, I was just up there with the in-laws on Saturday and it was perfect out especially with the color change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
That's in feet? I thought maybe it was inches.