Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Some shots from 3 years ago in Arizona/Utah

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Jan 4, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

and some film from various bike trips this year

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Thank you. Petrified Forest is an amazing place.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

The ones with no border are digital crops from a D750 (usually 5-10 shot panos)

The ones with the black borders are from a Ansco Pix Panorama 35mm cheapo camera on Fuji Superia X-TRA 400

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Spent the weekend riding The Vista bikepacking route in Tennessee

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

forgot to post here

quote:

Took a buddy on his first backpacking trip. We did the AT Approach Trail from Amicalola Falls and back. Originally we were going to do the whole thing over 3 days, but a mix of schedule mishaps making us start late Fri and the looming hurricane forcing me to return to Florida faster, we did most of the loop on Saturday. Started Fri at 5 and did about 4 miles, then did about 20 on Saturday to Springer and back to Amicalola with a few detours for sights. Finished early this morning with a final few rainy miles back to the car. Definitely pushed his limits but he cycles a lot so his legs were ok, even if his feet were rough this morning. Saw some animals, carried a lot of extra weight to make sure he was comfortable and we had good food, and had a generally great time. Definitely hooked him and he's ready to plan the next trip. My xero sandals were the MVP, no blisters at all. Ready for r2r2r at the GC next month.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

From a bikepacking race in Florida. Best weather the event has ever had.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

few pics from my daily biking/hiking trail

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

last ride of the year

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

GC (1 of 11) by david childers, on Flickr

GC (2 of 11) by david childers, on Flickr

GC (3 of 11) by david childers, on Flickr

GC (4 of 11) by david childers, on Flickr

GC (5 of 11) by david childers, on Flickr

GC (6 of 11) by david childers, on Flickr

GC (7 of 11) by david childers, on Flickr

GC (8 of 11) by david childers, on Flickr

GC (9 of 11) by david childers, on Flickr

grandcanyon (1 of 1)-2 by david childers, on Flickr

GC (11 of 11) by david childers, on Flickr

GC (1 of 11) by david childers, on Flickr

3rd Grand Canyon trip, this time I took my full camera/lens setup that weighed more than my pack including water. This was just a day hike rim to river and back, but Bright Angel is closed for water pipe construction so it was down and up South Kaibab. I made great time, starting at 7am and getting back to the sign at 2:30. I didn't waste much time at Phantom Ranch this time; got a lemonade and ate some snacks, cleaned my feet, and got back moving. I previously ran R2R2R in a day and then hiked it with a night's camp at Cottonwood in the corridor, so this was the easiest overall but going up SK without much rest was definitely a struggle and it all caught up to me the next day with cramps and pain. Worth it though, SK is my absolute favorite trail.

I saw some outrageously unprepared people well below the rim, including a woman in dress shoes and long jean skirt carrying only a small 16oz water bottle. I saw a man carrying the largest pack of the day at the Tip Off barely moving, with ~4.5 miles to go to the rim. Wonder how they fared.

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Mar 13, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

bike (1 of 1) by david childers, on Flickr

Luna (1 of 2)-2 by david childers, on Flickr