Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mdxi
Mar 13, 2006

to JERK OFF is to be close to GOD... only with SPURTING

I've basically started over with photography since middle of last year. I went back to a "real" camera, and at the same time I started shooting with cheap manual-everything lenses. It's been challenging, but I'm learning.

This is the White Rim in Canyonlands, taken from the Green River Overlook. Of all the photos I took on this trip, I did the least walking for this one (there's a parking lot right behind me; I mention this because I hate when people try to fake being in remote places and I know from experience that they're about 20 steps from their car).

Here's another from the same trip that I might not have walked for, but I definitely worked for. Pre-dawn in the Utahn desert, in February, is usually below freezing. I had to haul my carcass out of a toasty sleeping bag, walk up the ridgeline that was keeping the wind off our tent, and stand there taking pictures with freezing fingers while the ravens did a piss poor job of keeping me company.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU