Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Gotten way back into paddling this summer. I used to do a bit of canoeing as a teen and haven't for a while, but this weird summer has forced me back out and I'm really enjoying it. I just did a 6 day canoe trip at the start of this month and it was a blast. It was a really easy trip insofar as the paddling, we pretty much were at one spot the whole time and just day tripping out from there and coming back, but next month I'm doing at least one more advanced trip, hopefully two. Obviously the pandemic has been horrible, but I'm glad its pushed me back into doing the things I actually enjoy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

That's garbage.

What other canoe trails have you done? I'm assuming that you didn't just start with that one.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

charity rereg posted:

Heck yeah I did :) I had done the first 90 miles (it mirrors much of the adirondack 90 miler at the start) over a few days with this and another friend, but otherwise the longest trail i've done in one go was the NY section of the AT. I'd spent 5 days in a canoe before we set out, and it was a few years back. Great way to beat yourself into shape.

If we do it again I remain torn on the boat. The weight of the kevlar was awesome for the portages (we built a cart) however it made us have to portage a lot more around some fairly tame rapids.

christ, ok, I should stop being such a coward