Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

occluded
Oct 31, 2012

Sandals: Become the means to create A JUST SOCIETY

Fun Shoe
Hey can I post in this thread about how loving excited me and my partner are to go do some kite surfing next week? I guess a board is kind of a little craft?

If not just tell me and I'll go away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

occluded
Oct 31, 2012

Sandals: Become the means to create A JUST SOCIETY

Fun Shoe
Heya, paddle board thread. Have fallen in love with wing foiling down here in Cornwall which I guess counts as a paddle-board-derived activity? Have done one lesson getting used to the wing - like carrying a big inflatable batman symbol - and we were meant to have a lesson today, but the complete abscence of wind meant our instructor hopped in a speed boat and we got towed around on foil boards getting used to how they fly. It's a very cool sort of magic carpet experience, but murder on the knees - I had a go at standing up but I think doing that properly is a lesson or two advanced for now.

The sailing / foiling / general watersports place is 10 minutes away and the instructor and nice admin girl are actually the couple who run the place, so looks like I'll be going back there a lot - if any UK goons want to know more or get some recommendations, hit me up!

I'm loving the long distance kayak camping content in the thread; it's not possible to the same extent in the UK as you're never more than about 20 metres away from someone's house here. Going to keep living vicariously though so keep posting!