Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
I really want to do the Upper Missouri River Breaks. Like realllly bad. Anybody here ever been? I put the stupid Marlon Brando western on the other day and ended up just reading about the Breaks instead of watching that "film."

I have some experience with canoes, and some experience with dispersed camping, but I'm probably not quite ready. Still seems like my dream trip, otherwise my little brother really wants to do Boundary Waters.

I might buy my first kayak here soon, I'm going to the UP in September in what is mostly going to be a hiking trip, but we're going to be on a smallish lake that I might do some practice kayaking on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

Flatland Crusoe posted:

I looked into it for a hunting trip and have a lot of experience on the lower Missouri River. There are a few canoe trip outfitters operating in the summer in the breaks monument.

Season 3 Episodes 4 & 5 of Meateater take place on that stretch of river by canoe. I believe they put in at Judith landing.

It’s not a particularly hard canoe trip other distances between takeouts are like 30 miles in some cases with roads that deteriorate quickly with any rain.

Meateater is pretty watchable, I'll check that out!

Yeah so basically you're committed to 2-3 days between putting in and getting out, is what it sounds like.