Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I have a Zephyr 155 sea kayak that I’ve taken on a number of multi day camping trips in/around Algonquin and French River.

Always a blast, but especially back when I was a big idiot baby and didn’t know what I was doing on the water. There was nothing quite like the exhilaration of paddling out into heavy chop after a day of goofing off and almost going over because I was too tired to fight the waves. Ahh good times!

I haven’t had the chance to take her out in the past year, by which I mean I haven’t made the time because I got into other stupid weekend hobbies, but just a few weeks ago I pulled her out of the shed and did a little cleaning and tidying of the deck lines and washed a winter’s worth of critters out of the cockpit so I definitely want to go visit a lake sometime soon.

Have some cool water photos on the phone from my last trip, I’ll have to see if I can remember to pull them down when I get a chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

As part of my 2021 travel plans, plague permitting, I'm planning on to do a kayak tour of the Sumida in Tokyo. Seems like an amazing vantage point to take in a city I've seen from ground level numerous times, but never from the water.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

On the bright side, I’m pretty sure my kayak glides well over snow. I just need shorter paddles :)