Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lowcrabdiet
Jun 28, 2004
I'm not Steve Nash.
College Slice

Casual Encountess posted:

my new place is a ten minute walk from a kayak rental joint so im getting a membership. they have solo and tandem canoes and kayaks and whatever the gently caress an outrigger is. i fell in love with the pedal kayak i used last summer but theyre $$$$ and in the mean time id like to level up my watercraft skills

Just curious where you live that has an outrigger (canoe?) for rent. Outrigger canoes are usually made for the ocean and is one of the official state sports of Hawaii

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lowcrabdiet
Jun 28, 2004
I'm not Steve Nash.
College Slice

ihop posted:

Now I'm wondering what the actual limit for a boat on a car, strapped sideyways and front/back is. 18 feet? 20? This will also be useful information for christmas tree shopping.

In Hawaii I routinely see people with 20-22+ ft long canoes tied down with nothing but a couple of cam straps. If it's extra windy (30+ kts) I'll tie down the bow too but I've never actually seen anyone else do that.