Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

predictive
Jan 11, 2006

For awesome, press 1.
HELL YES kayaks. I just got a bimini top for my Outback. That was a great decision in the summer heat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

predictive
Jan 11, 2006

For awesome, press 1.
I was looking at the sail kit Hobie makes for my Outback, and the consensus seems to be that while it works and will provide propulsion, medium to stiff breezes will put you over without outriggers. Several people also noted that you are going to want a sail you can furl if the wind suddenly starts gusting so you can avoid capsizing. I still think the idea is cool enough that I decided to go a different direction and buy something designed for sailing.

predictive fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Jul 20, 2020

predictive
Jan 11, 2006

For awesome, press 1.
If you want a barebones VHF radio that floats and flashes, the GPS Store has the ICOM M25 for $120 shipped which is a pretty decent deal (I just bought one and it seems fine).