Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

I own a surface 604 shred and have 2500mi on it last I checked. commuted 5 days a week up in portland and road it out to hillsboro like a dipshit several times just to say I did it. it is now solely used for mtb duties on plus size 27.5 tires here in nashville now

e bikes rule and you should absolutely get one with a torque sensor cause it’ll make you feel like super man :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

waloo posted:

Are these suitable for riding in all weather conditions? I've been a bike commuter for a while and while I'm probably terribly mistreating my bike by riding it in rain and muck or whatever, I get home and rinse it off a bit and it is generally not too much worse for wear.

What special consideration would one need to take to use an electrified commuter rain or shine?

yeah I commuted 5 days a week in portland (even during snowpocalypse). you can be a bit proactive and seal your connectors with dielectric grease, but I’ve had zero electrical issues with my surface 604 or the old sondors thin I had and I probably put close to 1000mi on that bike

really all you need is a fender and you’re golden for commuting in the rain

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Lol I had my $3k evelo delta stolen from my apartment’s bike room. best place for it to be stolen since my renters insurance paid for it :D