Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
I was out on a big backcountry ride yesterday and had a guy on an ebike haul rear end past me. I was pretty jealous. A thing that holds me back from an e-MTB is charging it away from home. Any ideas on this? I'll go for riding weekends where I'll camp for a night and ride two days. I could see this stretching into 3-4 days. How on earth do I charge an e-MTB in this situation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
I am sort of casually looking at e mtbs. I am concerned about the long term serviceability of batteries from smaller bike makers. It seems like everyone uses a proprietary housing for the battery. Are there companies already out there that can rebuild batteries? I am thinking specifically brands like YT and Commencal. I’m not finding much via google.