Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

My present ride while the new bike gets finished

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

VacaGrande posted:

When was this? I was just there over the weekend (hiking, not biking)... is there a good route to get up there other than just taking the highway? Or were you based up in the mountains and just riding around the local area? I saw a few people riding on the highway and it looked miserable.

I rode from home Saturday (I live in the lower Blue Mountains). There's mostly a backroads way except between Falconbridge and Woodford which is highway only but to be honest the highway is actually pretty good to ride as there is a decent breakdown lane and has the easiest gradients. The only real leery area is between the first turnoff to Leura and the second where the breakdown lane disappears for about 300 meters going uphill.

I did mostly highway except at Leura where I took the back roads (and some reeeeeeal mean pitches) to Echo Point. And yeah it was kinda miserable as there was a nasty headwind and also 40C on the road, when it's not blasting wind or hot as gently caress it's actually a decent ride, abeit 40 odd kms of mostly constant climbing.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

New e-Road bike day

Makes my 50km commute somewhat more fun

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

foutre posted:

Looks great! Thinking about renting one to try and bust out a bunch of km on the alps in a few weeks. How do you like it?

I like it a lot, it does exactly what I wanted. It's a fun ride, set up for road means without the motor on it's just a decent 13kg road bike and needs a bit more effort to get going but thats it. With the motor you still get a hell of a workout and just get to where you want to go faster. Also I dont really notice assistance cutting in or out, it's very progressive which means when you get past the assistance limiter it still feels natural. On ECO mode I'm seeing about 138kms range, which I have gone close to on the same kind of bike as a rental.

I got a couple of other high end carbon analogue bikes that are better for a good day out and going fast, this one does the commutes and also some mountain climbing perfectly fine.

I'd prefer electronic shifting and a smaller rear cassette but eh.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

40C , 50+kph headwinds - Oh look, thats why I got an e-Road bike. Doing that on something unassisted is deeply awful

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

raggedphoto posted:

It's crazy how quickly you can rack up the miles on a e-bike, my HSD is at 3,700 miles and is about 1.5 years old!

2700kms in 5 months on my Creo. Its just so much fun to commute on and turns heavy headwinds into what wind so well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Range report on Specialized Creo alloy on eco mode

106kms 38% battery left, probably can get 170kms on another day