Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

SamsCola posted:

I got a RadRunner recently as I thought I'd be commuting on it but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's a decent grocery/home depot runner, but it's not perfect. The single gear means its literally impossible to move if the battery dies and I'm constantly adjusting the brakes. Like, every time I get on the bike I have to adjust the brakes.

But it looks cool and goes zoom. I get looks and complements everywhere I go.

I'd love to get a Riese & Müller but who's got $8k to drop on a bike.

RadRunner is good :hfive: Glad I'm not the only one bothered by the brakes. It's unbelievable how unstable the alignment on those things seems to be. I don't mind the single-gear thing but I'm diligent to the point of paranoia about my battery levels, so I don't expect to get caught out by that alone anyway

Maybe it's the cheap fastening hardware they use. I've rounded or stripped two or three hex bolts in the couple months I've had it.

(e) Oh, here's the most first-world-problems grievance ever: i've got four water bottles and that cupholder is microns too small for all of them :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Just had a day of the battery running dry away from home

don't, uh, don't let your batteries run dry away from home especially if your bike doesn't actually have any gears :cry:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I was pulling a trailer and on fairly hilly route, so I was running it hard - and I don't have the computer, just 0-5 pips for battery remaining. Probably would have been fine if I'd plugged it in last night instead of this morning, I probably wasn't starting from full. Derp :shrug:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

(e) your url captured the dot at the end up there , DaC ^^

stephenthinkpad posted:

You shouldn't let your battery run below 20%, it will shorten your battery life span a lot.

I know, believe me I'm annoyed. ADHD is a complete loving arse at times :mad:

well, such is life i guess. at least now I know it's not impossible to move - just bloody hard work

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I was gonna say loose... whatever the bracket's called that attaches the handlebars to the wheel. I found that I'd under-tighten mine and eventually it'd pull up suddenly when I turn. Good thing I was in anxious testing-my-work mode :v:

Condolences to Cowell tho, my disc hernia was one of the worst things I've ever experienced in my life; I gotta imagine an injury like that being way worse :sympathy:

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Aug 10, 2020