Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
if you think about it the law was made to protect us from bad guys and if we just followed it i think we would all be better off because people who enforce the law are more than capable of keeping us safe and secure if we all just promise to obey the law so can we as cspam just all come together for a moment and make a solemn oath together to uphold the law and not break it anymore and perhaps even encourage our friends and relations to also respect this singular sacred truth that the law was made to protect us and that we should follow it thank you for your time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

this is a thought-provoking op even if i am not presently fully persuaded of its arguments

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

starbarry clock posted:

if you think about it the law was made to protect us from bad guys and if we just followed it i think we would all be better off because people who enforce the law are more than capable of keeping us safe and secure if we all just promise to obey the law so can we as cspam just all come together for a moment and make a solemn oath together to uphold the law and not break it anymore and perhaps even encourage our friends and relations to also respect this singular sacred truth that the law was made to protect us and that we should follow it thank you for your time

I agree - we should follow the Nuremberg Laws.

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

Squizzle posted:

this is a thought-provoking op even if i am not presently fully persuaded of its arguments

the more you respect the law the safer you are ive found personally perhaps other people have different perspectives they can offer but as far as i can see it the law is really loving cool and keeps people happy healthy and safe so please make sure to give your local law officers due diligence and maybe bake a few apple pies to pass around the station

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

actually, be gay, do crimes, op

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

yes it sure would be nice if the people making and enforcing the laws would also obey them

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

World War Mammories posted:

actually, be gay, do crimes, op

that doesnt sound very law-abiding. Mods?!

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

sir its technically not a crime if I wasnt aware that my balls were visible

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

Dustcat posted:

yes it sure would be nice if the people making and enforcing the laws would also obey them

allow me to opine that the people making and enforcing the laws do in fact follow the law pretty well as much as you can expect c- student in high school to have an understanding of the law but i think here we have an opportunity to make the institutional protection of american citizens look a bit more positive and upbeat and maybe through unbridled positive attitude we can in fact occur change that reflects the image we choose to project so lets all give a hand to the men in blue who hold the gate between law abiding citizens and the evil that lurks beyond our doorstep without them this country would be in a state of pure chaos and incur an uprising of hostile lawbreakers

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

ive done the calculas and im willing to risk my freedom for material gain

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Horseshoe theory posted:

I agree - we should follow the Nuremberg Laws.

if you live in nuremburg Pennsylvania you should follow the laws there. Nuremberg is actually where my uncle with the blue lives matter tattoo commutes to work from. He cant live as a cop in Philly, because its so racially terse.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
OP is not the law

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
:snod:

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

disagreed op rules are made to be broke in

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
let's give each other numbers, instead of names

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

I think we should revert back to Bow Street Runners.

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

OP is not the law

look man just dont let me catch you running around like this in the newgrounds bbs your avatar is dangerously close to a mole and we play the banhammer game with jokers like you and honestly at this point its beginning to seem a little bit like i am the law and this is precisely why the law should be respected by all those who are right-thinking americans who wish nothing more than for the bad guys to go to jail and the good guys come home safe every night is that really so much to ask i mean you cant honestly want criminals to be roaming the streets unimpeded can you

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound
gently caress the police

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

Gringostar posted:

gently caress the police

not everything is as black and white as this picture suggests when it comes to laws and proper police enforcement

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

I've found a rule suggesting that another rule is in violation of the aforementioned rule. Is there a hierarchy to these sets or can I use this rule as deemed fit?

It does seem to come chronologically later...

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the only law i follow is the code of the samurai

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I follow a personal code :colbert:

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

tbh authoritarians who dogmatically follow rules without question aren't even fully human

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Dreylad posted:

let's give each other numbers, instead of names

i claim 420

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

animist
Aug 28, 2018
i am proud to obey the second law of thermodynamics

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

Wheeee posted:

tbh authoritarians who dogmatically follow rules without question aren't even fully human

theres nothing wrong with putting a little faith in the system that has gotten you and this world to new heights of technological medicinal and cultural progress dont you think that biting the hand that feeds you seems a little disrespectful when your entire perspective and reason for being is due solely to the country you were born to and the institution that allows you to be the best possible you the law is a very good thing and without a code of law everything would fall apart thats just the breaks

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
what if the law is wrong tho

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

starbarry clock posted:

theres nothing wrong with putting a little faith in the system that has gotten you and this world to new heights of technological medicinal and cultural progress dont you think that biting the hand that feeds you seems a little disrespectful when your entire perspective and reason for being is due solely to the country you were born to and the institution that allows you to be the best possible you the law is a very good thing and without a code of law everything would fall apart thats just the breaks

no

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
the gently caress is a law

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

found the theme song for this thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiHftejWSvU

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

starbarry clock posted:

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
https://twitter.com/elilake/status/304961327485562881?lang=en

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
i dont give a poo poo op

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

breaking the law is great if you can get away with it (which you usually can because cops are stupid)

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

what

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

BeefThief posted:

breaking the law is great if you can get away with it (which you usually can because cops are stupid)

breaking the law is bad and puts you at undue risk dont you think it would better to have just never broken the law at all and then youd be safe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Gringostar posted:

gently caress the police

That's a very powerful water fountain